would cedar be ok tomarrow or the bear

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jjmarks2001us

would cedar be ok tomarrow or the bear

Post by jjmarks2001us »

I have never kited bear and I'ld like to try it out. who is going were?
JRN

Bellaire or Mahtomedi

Post by JRN »

Bellaire was jammed up with fish shacks yesterday(& occupants), but Mahto should have a favorable wind direction today. Just follow Juniper to the lake & jog N. Is a Samurai the Suzuki of kites? It should be plenty for todays wind speeds. Have fun!
P R Key

Post by P R Key »

JJ...I should be heading to the bear around 1 ish. I have never been there before so I really don't know where to go. Can anyone give me any suggestions.
garrett

Post by garrett »

I'm also thinking of heading to the Bear today and don't really know the best spot to go... I'll try out Ramsey at about 12:00 unless anyone knows where the conditions are better.
JRN

Mahtomedi

Post by JRN »

Looks @ the Lakes Section. Should be directions there! Hint: Head east on Juniper & go N.
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

If it's NW Ramsey will be off-shore wind so you might have to walk out a ways into the lake. Bellaire is "shacked" - lots of furniture on the ice. Mahto will be great with lots of room for everyone.

Mahto Beach - From 694 Exit North on Century Ave. Turn Right on Cty Road E. Follow E as it veers North into Mahtomedi. Turn Left on Juniper. Take a right onto Park Ave. The Lake and Mahto Beach on your left.

Hope to be there between 12-1!
garrett

Post by garrett »

All right, I'll be at Mahto then.