Core Kites Demo Sunday and Monday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

MK

Core Kites Demo Sunday and Monday

Post by MK »

Core Kites Demo this Sunday on the north side beach of White Bear Lake http://www.lakawa.com/lakes/wtbear.html Come see what German engineering has done with the kite world.http://www.corekiteboarding.com/us/xr4 Time subject to change with tentative start time of 11am.
ice_kmauve

Re: Core Kites Demo Sunday and Monday

Post by ice_kmauve »

i'm going
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

Thanks CORE folks for those great demos. I really enjoyed my time out on the 14m .

Great day at the Bear with lots of familiar faces I hadn't seen in a while. Glad to see the
scene is still active and people are tearing it up when the Bear goes off!

By the way, I'll be the bad guy here, and say that I think kite launching and landing in
the main grassy area of Ramsey puts innocent bystanders at risk, with kids and so forth
just downwind of launching and landing kites. I hope people would consider keeping
that to a minimum, and launch kites out in the crummier, but much safer area closer
to the water.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
MK

Post by MK »

Glad to hear of the turnout and your comment. Access is always at risk and being considerate of our riding options takes vigilance, so you're not a bad guy:-)

Remarkable feedback coming in. Did you know they have 27 adjustment variations you can do to a kite? Makes sense for getting most range and functional use out of a kite, particularly here where we need a lot of options. It kinda sounds like a lot of adjustability but it beats bying extra gear.