Video reminiscent of Superior going off!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Pete

Video reminiscent of Superior going off!

Post by Pete »

Tighe

Re: Video reminiscent of Superior going off!

Post by Tighe »

me want to ride those faces. mmmmm
Tighe
windthrash

Post by windthrash »

Wow :shock:
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

I remember a few years back following Randy attempting to get to the outside. I was on a 4.0 fully wound up and we had one more "bump" to get over. That "bump" walled up into a mast high crusher that I had to ride all the way back to shore = DENIED. I think we all just stayed on the inside the rest of the day.
Randy

Post by Randy »

Thanks, Pete. The footage really captures the unpredictable nature of onshore wave mush. When you see guys at that level struggling, I don't feel too bad for the beating we got a couple weeks ago. I especially like the shot at the end of the guy shooting down the line trying to get out as the waves are folding everywhere. He finally jumps and has some recovery time for the next round. Mother's not so generous, with the next wave right in your face. What I'd give to see Naish and Dunkerbeck ruling on Superior in 40+ knot straight onshore winds. They're truly in a league outside the human realm...super inspiring.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Luiz

Post by Luiz »

Is seems that the guy shooting down the line trying to get out is actually Robby Naish.
Love your idea... what would it take to have these guys here putting a show for us? I'm sure they would enjoy Superior on a big day.
Geo

Post by Geo »

I love the way they make it seem like it is so doable. You think: yeah, next time I'm out I'm gonna try one of those...and then you are out there, the wind is kicking and you get some air or a wave or whatever, and that seems SO WRONG. Beautiful.

As for Superior and sailing, if you have never seen Unsalted - it is a movie worth checking out. About some guys who do a film about surfing all the Great Lakes, and getting the Quicksilver team to go too. The final build up to riding The Mother in the middle of the winter shows you the dedication involved.