Where did the wind go.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

tom_latcham

Where did the wind go.

Post by tom_latcham »

Right now I see no kiteable wind for the next 7 days. Not only here. But also the gorge, Texas, SC, NC and Florida a nation wide lull is very strange. Anyone have a theory on this.
Our only hope is, long range wind forcast are not that accurate. Perhaps if I plan a water ski party the wind will come up.
TL
Iceman

Re: Where did the wind go.

Post by Iceman »

My bad
Tom you can blame it on me my 9m was not doing the job so I got a 15 meter and as soon as I paid for it the wind died. I guess asking you to teach me deep water starts is out of the question now. Sorry everybody what can I do to make it up to you all.

Dave
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Summer in MN....here come the 3 week dry spells. Back to my bathroom remodeling project!!!!

What forecasts are you looking at Tom?

I'd be happy to be in Hood River all week (21-21 W in Hood River today) or Corpus (South wind between 20 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph) or San Francisco (West wind between 9 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph)

Keep an eye out for next week - Mon/Tues/Wed/Th - we have a SE'erly flow setting up and if things (i.e. pressure gradients) improve we may at least have warm temps and big-kitable wind.
scottman

Post by scottman »

Time for tubing, water ski and wakeboarding, break out the jet ski!!
Geo

Post by Geo »

I used it all up last week on Friday (Father Hennepin) and Sunday (The Mother).
I am not going to complain for at least several days (oops, weeks.)
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

We have had an onshore push of marine clouds in Portland since Tuesday. It feels like the wind season has started, but I haven't checked the Gorge for awhile. All I know is I need a sweater for golf.