Skunked

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

tumblemonster

Skunked

Post by tumblemonster »

Well, after a week of no wind and one day of great wind and too coldness, I'm heading home. This is the first time I've ever been skunked here in Padre. I'd stay another week, but it doesn't look much better the first half.

I hope you all have better luck than me! Have a great trip, cya in april!
Tighe

Re: Skunked

Post by Tighe »

Jason please give me a call 651 dot 428 dash 4121
Sorry to hear the weather hasn't been good.
Tighe
RobH

Post by RobH »

Friday was cold, gusty, and mist to rain the entire time. It was good to see a number of Mn Kites in the sky and very glad that I packed the drysuit and hood! Nice Virgin drysuit sesh in Padre flying 8m SB3 and the nobile triple 6. Could have done with some warmer temps and less rain (55 degrees and rain) but it was sweet to fly the 8m cruising the flats on a fun lil board. Looks a bit light this coming week and we talked to many who have been been here for the last 10 days with out much for good wind days, hopefully it will build this next week
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
wings

Post by wings »

Damn, that blows...
tumblemonster

Post by tumblemonster »

Left you a voicemail tighe. All the gear you sent along is at Larry's house and the people staying there know you're coming to pick it up. Give me a call and I'll give you the address.
JRN

Post by JRN »

As a recent Commander in Chief once said, "I feel your pain, Man." Flew down with a friend(Stan) while another(Rog) drove. We hung out for 9 days & read everything at WINDSURF, Inc, kayaked in the surf,went to Mexico, ate ALOT of seafood, saw movies, & killed time however we could. On day 9, it was socked in with fog, Roger left in disgust. He had barely reached the mainland, when the fog lifted, it started to rain & BLOW! We sailed the rest of the day and flew home the next with a suitcase full of Tequila & Kahlua purchased South of the Border. :roll:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

I'm not going home until I get at least one week of wind. Got here last Tues. night and the only day with wind was gusting to 40. The temp was about the same as the wind.

I decided to go out anyway. With the beach being so wet with rain, it doesn't allow much for friction when you launch. I took off like a rocket (I was flying a 6M and another 180 lb. guy was flying a 5M) and landed face first into the ocean.

I would have gone for round two but it was starting to get dark.
djmadmike

Post by djmadmike »

Bugger to hear about the wind!

Sounds like Rob and few others got a couple rides in. Crap, I don't have room for my dry suit unless I wear it on the plane :shock:

Rob, you can't blame the piss poor conditions on me this time since I am not there yet. 50 F and a dry suit? I wore an insulated top and a 3/2 wetsuit last Turkey week and it was 47F and raining, but the wind was up and Jeremy, myself and a few other nuts from CA were the only ones out. Good times other than my hands almost froze off and we almost lost the car to the incoming tide (gotta love rentals). When I got back to the condo that was the best shower I've ever had in my life---it was one of those fancy ones mounted at the top of the ceiling too!

See yas soon and bring on the nice weather and wind!!!
Rock on
Mike N
Mike T. Nelson MS
PhD(c) Exercise Physiology U of MN
http://www.MikeTNelson.com
Athletic Performance and Physique Transformation
P R Key

Post by P R Key »

That was cold but a ton of fun. Nothing like keeping jugs of warm water to dump down your wetsuit to keep you warm on the tip of Texas. Who knew it could get so cold in SPI.
RobH

Post by RobH »

Hey Mr Mike, are you sure your not here in Padre ? Okay no more calling you the wind jinx, please bring us some wind! Looks like it will start blowing some again tomorrow. For those of you already here we are gathering at wana wana at 3:00 again today to play some V-ball. Thanks to Gary and crew for getting that together
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
djmadmike

Post by djmadmike »

I will bring the wind!

Hey Gary, can you bring my "golf" bag out to the beach on Wed? If all goes well Jodie and I will be on the beach at high noon this Wed! I gave Jodie the heads up "if there are high winds I will be on the water" Wed :lol: Bring on the wind.

See yas soon
Mike N
Mike T. Nelson MS
PhD(c) Exercise Physiology U of MN
http://www.MikeTNelson.com
Athletic Performance and Physique Transformation