Wed white bear lake?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jared

Wed white bear lake?

Post by jared »

Anyone up for a lunch run in the rain?
johnbaker17

tempting

Post by johnbaker17 »

I was tempted, but after Sunday and then Monday, my arms feel like they don't want to move. My neck is also pretty tight... probably from the tension of not knowing what to do as I got planing. Wheee!!! I'll wait for my body to recover.

Let us know how your lunch run went!
-John
jenny

Post by jenny »

You should be having a divine lunch with wind speeds at 25 gusting to 35. Repeat of Monday with a few clouds in the mix? Wish I could join you. Stuck working and then some.... I know you will be flying.... Good for you. :wink: See ya next time
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Hoping the wind stays up late and I can hit Bellaire if and when it goes West.
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Forget Bellaire Dave. Come join me at Mahtomedi. I'm hoping to hit the water at 4. I love the port ramps and swell on SW and W there. Just go north first and you don't have to worry about wind shadow.
Kevin O. cell 763-218-8154
Kevin Ousdigian
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

I just finished a lunch session on WBL. Wow! White knuckle windsurfing. There were sheep in the field at Mahtomedi when I left. It should be good for the second shift.
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

I'm on software support patrol today helping some guy out in Dickinson, ND...unfortunately he's on Mountain Time so knowing my luck I won't get outta here till 6. If it's still blowing I'll try and join you at Mahto, Kevin. Just gotta stop by my house and grab some gear.
jared

lunch blow-out

Post by jared »

Whew, I set up the 7.4 as the wind wasn't that strong at 11:00. Time I got rigged up and in the water the winds started kickin huge... made it a couple laps, but what way over-powered and didn't have time to switch sails due to that dang thing called getting back to work.
jared

sail sizes

Post by jared »

What size sails are you guys using on days like today and Monday?
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Jared, I kited Monday, but both days were about 4.5-5m windsurfing.
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Hey Mike, remember the "weight" factor :shock: . I rode my 4.0 and eventually went down to a 3.5 Monday during the more fully powered time of the day at the Bear.... I weigh 145 so I usually carry 1.0M to .5M less sail than the bigger guys.

Hey Jared, are you a Cat 3 roadie for the Birchwood team? I haven't raced in a few seasons and used to ride as a Cat 3 for 3VBC/Team Leinies. I'm starting to get the itch to race again but windsurfing sure beats going out on a ride on a day like Monday.
jared

racing

Post by jared »

Yea, that's me. Still racing, but trying to find more hobbies when I stop.