Who's tried water skis or other things with kite?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

KitingKen

Who's tried water skis or other things with kite?

Post by KitingKen »

When I was a kid, I did a lot of slalom skiing and we didn't have wake boards back then. But what I remember was the tremendous amount of traction and control you had with a quality slalom ski. The narrow shape, contoured underside and big keel in the back gave you total control. You could hold an an edge even at 35 mph in choppy water, skim over the tops of big waves and zig zag like a cheetah chasing dinner.

Wondering who's tried water skis with a kite - either a pair or slalom? Or a knee board? Or a regular wakeboard? Or some other creative method? Please share your experiences.

Thanks!
Ken
hammer

Re: Who's tried water skis or other things with kite?

Post by hammer »

I have often wondered the same thing, especially if anybody has tried a slalom or double water skis? Here is a video showing kiting with a pair of skis... http://vimeo.com/11874124. There is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRY9ayDkONI showing a guy with a slalom at 3:18. Would love to hear if anybody local has tried either.
hobby_man

Post by hobby_man »

I picked up a set of water ski's I'm going to give it a try this weekend.
Winds look good for the North beach on Medicine Lake
KitingKen

Post by KitingKen »

Did you get a chance to try the skis yet? Love to hear how it worked.
ken
hobby_man

Post by hobby_man »

Yes I tried them easier than a board for me, being a snow and water skier