Millacs this Friday?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

scottman

Millacs this Friday?

Post by scottman »

Anyone going up to Milly this Friday, I might just take the day off and go up to kite!
scottman

Re: Millacs this Friday?

Post by scottman »

Well come on Peeps, anyone going?
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Possibly. Couldn't get up till 2:30. Right now it's looking better down here. We'll see.
Had a great session up there last Friday. Pulled in at 3:30 not a soul in sight, just whitecaps reaching into the horizon. Nothing like Mille!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (847.92 KiB) Viewed 8483 times
Tighe
scottman

Post by scottman »

Ahh the milly I remember, white caps wind blowing 15 to 25, can't wait to get back in the water!
JWatkins15

Post by JWatkins15 »

I may head up on fri too, Scotty. Does anyone have a schedule of events for the gathering? Is there going to be a kite swap or anything? Working on selling my 2013 switchblades (8m, 10m, 12m) to clear some room for the 2014 stuff.
-Jim
dave12341234

Post by dave12341234 »

I'll probably head down with someone, should be fun :D !
"You can't buy happiness, but buying a kite is very close"
magicninja

Post by magicninja »

Yeah I'll be up Thursday night. Got friends up there. Looks like malmo or the father friday. Windalerts been up and down last couple days. Ripping forecast now. Yeehaw. George
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

The gathering is a non event, always has been. There is no schedule, no registration, no fees. It is intended as a gathering of wind folk, to ride, hangout and play. Some of the retailers and schools have things they may have going on during the gathering, but the gathering itself is not structured.
Tighe
MK

Post by MK »

Lightwave Dave and I are heading up Friday for the weekend. Fair amount of gear from SS, Best, Ozone, Crazyfly, Naish, Blade and my memory may be failing with other stuff coming in. Probably set up in Malmo. Eta 1pm.
hondamon

Post by hondamon »

Hello Northlanders. Im a fellow Northlander who's been cooped up in Korea for far too long. Im keen on heading to Mille Lacs on Friday if others are there. Do we know what part of Mille Lacs we are heading to? Itll be good to meet you all.

Damon
MK

Post by MK »

Damon! Probably set up in Malmo http://www.lakawa.com/lakes/millacs.html
Looking forward to seeing your Damon-strate your Korean style of riding :lol:
scottman

Post by scottman »

Sounds like this is going to be a great Friday, I'll stop in at Subway and order a monster party sub for some grub for Friday, anyone can have a samich or two feel free to stop by my car that's where it will be!!!

I have just purchased a Naish 14m Draft if anyone is interetsed in trying it out, I'll have it out all day, I had the chance to ride it in Michigan over the 4th and it is everything they say it is, tons of low end torque and jumps real high and is fast, real fast if your looking for that. The only real draw backs to it is it is hard to relaunch and does not turn real fast but I have not had it in high winds yet either, it's a good light wind kite, can't wait to get out on it again!!!!

See you all there!!!
hondamon

Post by hondamon »

Haha...well I don't exactly have a style of riding yet. Im pretty new to it. Perhaps I'll claim a style. Can I buy a pair of booties while im up there?
MK

Post by MK »

Wind dictates the set-up, possibly need to move location, stay tuned for location/details for game-time decisions.
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

We are considering riding the bigger waves at Father Hennepin Friday if the wind stays NW long enough... Post if your interested in joining us. ML will usually blow harder than forecasted on a cold front like this but the path of the front may make it to N for FH.

MK - I still think Sat will be kiteable NWish at Malmo. I know other forecasters (ikitesurf, noaa,....) were showing crappy (<10 mph) wind Sat but the GFS tool has consistently been showing the big low takes a slight U turn and heads back west a little and to the north setting up some nice isobars in NW WI and NE MN. I see ikitesurf and noaa are now coming around and also showing kiteable NW wind Saturday....

Should be a great turnout and thanks for organizing all the gear Mike for this non-organized event:)
Kevin Ousdigian
paul-b

Post by paul-b »

Amanda, Adam, and I are planning on going up in the morning. We will have to see if it will be Malmo or the father. Might be camping out in the woods.
MK

Post by MK »

Malmo is working for now. A few at fh. Nice turn out today :) more coming in off the conveyer belt.
MK

Post by MK »

Carbon kicks 20% off from $749 to $599 & one Carbon Wing 161cm $979 to $779. For the weekend only. One repaired 161 cm regular $749 for you $429.