Kiters heading to Cozumel, Mexico?????

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Alfredo

Kiters heading to Cozumel, Mexico?????

Post by Alfredo »

For anyone looking for a great experience kiting in the Mexican Carribean, Cozumel Island is a top-notch kiting and scuba diving destination!! I was born and raised in Cozumel, and I have been living and riding in Minnesota since 2005. Whether you are looking for awesome, cheap accommodations, where you will be steps from the best kiting beach on the island, a private kiting guide to secluded lagoons, a charter boat for fishing, diving or snorkeling, or a great place to eat for you and your family, feel free to give me a call. I am very knowlegeable about the island, and would be happy to give you ideas to make the most out of your vacation!!
Alfredo (ALEX)
(763)535-8477
P.S. The wind is BLOWING and the temps are in the 80's November thru April!!!
ollie

Re: Kiters heading to Cozumel, Mexico?????

Post by ollie »

Hey Alex
Bev and I will be on the island march 6-10 then heading up to a place near Puerto Morelos
from the 10th - 22nd. Hope to have good winds both places!! Can't wait!! Some of our
best warm water riding memories are from the Riviera Maya & Cozumel.
Are you or any other "sotans" going down this year? It would be real cool to see you and
any other locals out at the lagoon or north beach!

as always looking forward to soft water riding, Bryan Z
JRN

Post by JRN »

BEFORE HER INJURY, Pam & I spent a fun week there way back in the windsurfing days. Snorkled a cenote. Visited the Tulum ruins. Rented a scooter (beware of speedbumps). Visited the turtle hatchery where I think we saw a toddler named Alfredo trying to put a hatchling into his Mom's purse. :wink: I only saw 1 windsurfer the whole time on the boatride across, but the Underwater Park more than made up for it. It is a spectacular area & I would recommend it to anyone wanting to escape winter....sigh;^(
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
slopecat

Post by slopecat »

Would it be at all practical for someone visiting the area by cruise ship for a half day to try to arrange for a couple of hours of lessons? I have had several lessons already here in MN but still cannot ride solo.

How far is it from the International pier to some of the kite beaches?

Thanks,
Mike