friday riding

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

chaddix

friday riding

Post by chaddix »

Is anyone going out tomorrow? and where they gonna be headed to?
Barry P

Re: friday riding

Post by Barry P »

WBL or maybe even Father Hennepin.
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

WBL at Wildwood early afternoon. If you don't know where that is, it is at the southern most part of the lake near 4 seasons diner. There is a playground & places to park.
" Real living begins on the far side of despair " _ Jean Paul Sartre
windthrash

Post by windthrash »

I will be riding either Forest Lake or Fr Hennipen if there will be others :D
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
JAE

Post by JAE »

I can't head back up to Milly, so I will probably hit Big Marine on the way home at about 3:00 (hopefully 2:30). Works great on a NW. Nate, where do you launch on FL for a NW?

jeff
windthrash

Post by windthrash »

Big Marine I hear is a rough spot to enjoy the wind unless it is perfectly NNW :? So hopefully You can find another place!! On a NW I sail from a friends or a little public access down South Shore Drive... That is where I launched from the other day when you were at the main beach... I have no idea what the street name is but it works great on NW! :)
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

Thanks for the launch Thursday afternoon, Nathan. Could'nt have done it without your help. Where the hell is big marine?
" Real living begins on the far side of despair " _ Jean Paul Sartre
JAE

Post by JAE »

I have had good sessions on Big M on just about anything N. If the wind doesn't look good, I might just head up home and kite on Green. Think you have me mixed up with someone else Nate, it wasn't me you launched the other day.

Big Marine is just east of Forest lake. There is an old boat landing on the SE side that is a great launch.
windthrash

Post by windthrash »

Roger that! There were 2 kiters on Forest about a week ago with me but they launched in a different spot. That's good to know that Big Marine works on those directions, I have not sailed it, but other windsurfers have shared the news with me.
Mike, Big Marine is just south of Forest Lake. Look on google maps. There is a decent launch spot on the SE corner. But very few people do go there of what I'm aware of.
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

I think I am going to head to Waconia again today. With this wind direction it will most likely be the Beach side at the park on East side of lake.
Eric P

Post by Eric P »

Waconia was going off yesterday, and should be doing the same today. I hope it lasts until 5:00 when I get off work. Hope to see a big group of dedicated sailors there again today. I'm sore, but I think I can handle another ride.
Eric
RobH

Post by RobH »

I may hit Wac lat afternoon if work allows, Was it gusty there yesterday ? I rode off my beach on Pulaski and found it to be very gusty, not sure if its just the wind direction on Pulaski that was bad or if it was really gusty yesterday - So how was the Wac ?
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
Barry P

Post by Barry P »

The way work is going, I'll probably need to stay on city lakes. I'm thinking I'll make it to Medicine Lake about 3:30. The South beach launch is pretty nice.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Hey Chad, were you able to get out? Wildwood is kinda hidden. It was good today, but the water was a little on the chilly side. The beach is huge because of the low water level. Here's a map with directions. You just have to punch in your start address.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 69351&z=14
(================P-</
Sponsored by Slingshot Kiteboarding
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Yes White Bear was a blast today. Sweet ramps at Wildwood. I even pulled off my first 360 and landed it perfectly (both by luck of course).

Looks like no wind until next weekend. Duluth should be big next weekend, especially Saturday.
KO
Kevin Ousdigian
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

8) Way to go KO. Can't wait to ride, see and hear that stoke of yours :P

Just wondering; do you windsurf anymore :?:

Jerry
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Jerry
We need to hook up at Milly or Superior - I love feeding off your energy! :lol:

Basically the only time I've windsurfed the last 2 yrs is with my daughter who just turned 8. She goes out on a board tied to mine with like a 1.2 m sail and I go out on mine. I think the range and fun had jumping and playing on waves with a kite is too good to pass up.

KO
Kevin Ousdigian