Valentine's Day on Waconia

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

barndance

Valentine's Day on Waconia

Post by barndance »

I want to give a big thanks to kiters Denis (lakawa instructor), Eric, and Anna! My wife and I have been struggling through the hard knocks of learning to kite with only a couple lessons under our belts. Today on Waconia, we were getting ready to take our usual beatings when kiters Denis, Anna, and Eric walked out and patiently corrected every mistake we had been making, and worked step by step, teaching us how to get control of our kites. In 15 minutes we were safely flying across the powder! This we will never forget, thanks for making our Valentine's day rock!

Barry and Melissa
steveb

Re: Valentine's Day on Waconia

Post by steveb »

Wow with those guys helping it's a wonder you didn't end up in hospital. :lol:
In truth you'll find all 3 of them are nice like that all the time, it wasn't a one off. It's kind of irritating actually.
Now when you're experts you'll have to pass on the knowledge and help some struggling beginner you meet on the snow.
Have fun .
Regional Ozone Team rider
Denis

Post by Denis »

Hey Barry!

Thanks for the kind words. It was nice meeting you guys too. Always great to see new faces join the crew. One small clarification. I am not exactly an instructor. I ride for Slingshot (I think that they call us "advisors" on the site), and if people have question about the equipment or riding in general, I help them out.

You guys chose the perfect conditions to get out with great winds and snow. Melissa did great, riding with speed and confidence. Riding switch takes practice, but everyone goes through that. And you were so far upwind that Eric and I wondered if you'd ever come back. Well done today and with the snow conditions, there will be plenty more days to play.
(================P-</
Sponsored by Slingshot Kiteboarding
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

Denis didnt you teach me too? your awesome man. going to the crossing?
Go big or go home. whatever you do in life, do it like your pro.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Yep, I'll be at the crossing checking out your new moves.
(================P-</
Sponsored by Slingshot Kiteboarding