It has begun...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

It has begun...

Post by Tighe »

Had a great session in 4-5 inches of powder today, singing, carving, playing...oh it felt good to be back out. Nothing like making virgin tracks.

Look for the North end of the lakes that were frozen before the storm for the best snow. The NW wind created a wind shadow along the land during the storm and kept the snow on the ice. The south wind today was perfect for the north end of the west side of WBL.

thanks for the call Randy.

great to be riding again.
Tighe
Hendy

Re: It has begun...

Post by Hendy »

Here is a short low quality video of the first tracks on the Bear for the year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85f3T5bjRik

always fun :D
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

Fun fun fun fun :D
More snow and wind on the way!!!
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider
Travii

Post by Travii »

How is the ice thickness? Did you stay near the edges of the lake? I wish I had known yesterday, I was listening to the wind chimes and dying to get out there.

Travis
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Yeah we were between the reeds and the shoreline. Not a huge area but plenty to play.
Tighe
Travii

Post by Travii »

Just checked out the south end of Turtle Lake. I counted 5 portable ice houses out in the middle region of the lake. Ice on the south end is thick in some places and questionable (due to snow cover) in others. Snow depth ranges from 4 inches to bare ice with about 50% coverage. I might head over to some of the open commercial land near 610 and Zane tomorrow morning if we get some snow. Winds right now were between 6-11 mph according to my anemometer.

Travis
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

Travii, call or text me man...remember im the guy who you saw last winter kiting at the end of Rice Lake in Circle Pines/Lino? yellow Bularoo..ring a bell?? :? i wanted to kite eith you there again or another lake this winter so hit me up
Go big or go home. whatever you do in life, do it like your pro.