Pepin Conditions

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Pete

Pepin Conditions

Post by Pete »

Just an FYI. Lake Pepin has at least 8" of solid ice under the snow. This measurement was taken in the bay north of the point.
Gust User

Re: Pepin Conditions

Post by Gust User »

Holy crap!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! IT"S ON PETE!!!! I got my new ski's this year so I'm beggin to go! Any time brother, just let me know! I'm workin evenings starting after christmas week so I got all day to screw around! :mrgreen: 6519279222
Ride On!

Gamer Tag: Starbuxfiend
SeaBoo

Post by SeaBoo »

I'm off until Jan 5th so I can ride anytime. 651 208 four523 Have the pickup trucks been out yet? :D

Nora
Pete

Post by Pete »

I have not seen any mentaly challenged people driving on the lake yet.
SeaBoo

Post by SeaBoo »

Ah well...I may head to the wayside tomrrow morning early if the wind is good.
Gust User

Post by Gust User »

Plenty of snowmobile tracks though, and I saw a few parked outside their ice houses off the point yesterday. Looks like we're good to go. I'd still stay off the middle though.
Ride On!

SeaBoo

Post by SeaBoo »

I drove down today and checked the ice off the wayside and the south boat landing. I had an 8 1/2 inch ice screw. The thinest I could find was about 8 inches and only twice. I walked out quite aways and it's deeper than my screw. The powder on the lake is a consistant 6 inches with small soft drifts. There's some good south and south east winds in the forcast :D
Nora
Gust User

Post by Gust User »

If anyone is coming for a morning or late afternoon sesh, please let me know. Even with the ice reports, I don't like to go out alone early in the season. 8) see you guys out there! My car is always packed now!
Ride On!

SeaBoo

Post by SeaBoo »

I plan on kiting Friday. I have a friend coming from Rochester also. SE winds. Wednesday I'll be in the cities so if I have time I might be able to catch some Bear. I didn't kite today for the same reasons...too early to be on the ice alone.