Pepin Thrusday and friday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Dave G

Pepin Thrusday and friday

Post by Dave G »

Anyone thinging of riding Pepin tomorrow or Friday?

What is the best place for straight south?

Dave
Dave G
Gust User

Re: Pepin Thrusday and friday

Post by Gust User »

I'm going to be out early. (Gotta work at 4pm) I was out yesterday in a futile attempt at the Park and Rest. The good part is that there seems to be a shallow that goes out almost 1oo yards from the shore so there is plenty of room to launch without heading into deep water. Booties are gonna be a plus. There are all sorts of those little clam shells on the shore and its kinda muddy in places. Otherwise it looks like a great spot. Could try hok-si-la as well. I haven't been there in awhile but with the low water the beach ought to have pretty good room as well and it is a better spot to just hang out for the day as well. The point shouldn't be to bad but there are always fishermen out there doing their thing and they don't care about throwing lines out while you are launching.
Ride On!

Gamer Tag: Starbuxfiend
mdh01

Post by mdh01 »

I'm open on Thursday...does either of those locations work for a south wind?

Mark
Dave G

Post by Dave G »

I will ride the point unless I get some better beta.

Pete? can you help out?

Dave
Dave G
mdh01

Post by mdh01 »

OK, I might try that too...when are thinking of getting there...I've also wondered about Maiden Rock on the Wi side...the south wind would have a better reach there and maybe smoother?

Mark
Pete

Post by Pete »

If it is blowing SE go to the point. If it is blowing south go the the rest area about 2 miles north of Lake City. Looks like Friday will be the windsurfing day for me unless something happens today. I think you might have a blast on the northern most launch shown on the map link below. Click on it for details then zoom in on satelite view to see the goods.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... a97ab&z=13

Pete
507-251-4308
Dave G

Post by Dave G »

I am shooting to ride at the point about 3:00

Thanks for the cool map Pete!

See you there

Dave
Dave G
Gust User

Post by Gust User »

Pepin is building nicely. Heading for the point to see if anyone is about. But I think the Park and Rest will be better.... Heading out now! Hopefully I'll see ya'll out there!!
Ride On!

Gust User

Post by Gust User »

The park and rest was definatly the call. Sideshore/ slight onshore steady as she goes. 12 meter...Almost got up on the board today. Interesting side note and warning, when your lines snag a dead fish......don't try to shake it off....it just gets more tangled in your line and contrary to popular belief they do not just fall apart when you try to shake it out.... no matter how rotten they are. And......does anyone know how to get rotten fish smell out of kite lines???? :lol:
Ride On!

MadCityAndy

Post by MadCityAndy »

Hey, Andy from Madison, WI here. I'm headed to MN for the weekend (near Lanesboro) and hoping some kiters are riding Pepin today. iKitesurf is forecasting straight S with avg of 26 by 4:00 for Red Wing. Anyone know if launching at Maiden Rock (Wisconsin side) is doable? Would one of the sites on Pete's map be better?
Gust User

Post by Gust User »

A bit to much for me today but everyone who showed looked good out there! Great to meet some new peeps! Hopefyully I'll see you guys again out there! Definately have to try the hike-a-beach next time.
Ride On!