WOW what a weekend

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

WOW what a weekend

Post by Tighe »

Incredible 2 days of riding, great smiles on and off the water and great music. What a great weekend.

My body aches from all the riding, and all the big crashes. 20-30 on Saturday, and 15-25 yesterday I'm worked. A few of us rebel kiters snuck away from the Regatta and headed to Spirit Lake for the day. Everyone was riding so well. Nancy was looking good with her spins and air time. Steve was looking dialed. Tom was going off, showing us some of his new moves he dialed in Hatteras. Jesse, as always, was quite the rockstar. Denis looked as fluid and dynamic as ever.

Gary was the champion of the weekend though. Relatively new to the sport, he shot way upwind and had a good couple hour session. We all remember that first dialed sess. Bill got a few rides in and did a long downwinder, surfin the swell and playing.

I now have the production T2s. I'm not sure if it is something they changed, me getting more time on them or Coach's coaching, but I have to say these are some amazing kites. You can float to the moon on them, and take all the time in the world to come down. I don't know if it's just the deeper draft or what, but they just go up and up and hang forever. Being mr old school, I love everything about these kites.

The music talent in Worthington was top notch. Hopefully there will be some posts about how the racing went. From those I talked to it sounded like everyone was pretty stoked.

Photos soon.
Tighe
steveb

Post by steveb »

Tighe ...sorry we must have been typing at the same time.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Wow, there really were gusts to 29 mph yesterday! Guess I've got the depower on my 14 figured out! :shock:

Ahhh...what a weekend....I shall be glowing for at least a week! :D
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

P.S. Looks like we should have stayed down there.....nice forecast for today and Tuesday! Somebody, anybody, please go and enjoy!
Rookie Renstrom

Post by Rookie Renstrom »

Great weekend! I just want to thank everybody at Worthington for there support and help. Ive found out that everyone Ive meet in the kiting community will bend over backwards for you. It means a lot to us Rookies, especially for the metal part of the game!! Thanks Bunch!

Fly high,
Gary ~
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Yup, it was as great as was written. Thanks for not stomping on my mishaps and being patient with me as I cleared the beach out :roll: I need some more ride time on these sheetable kites to override habits from other sports.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Dennis? He told me nylon sail repair tape from West Marine and all I could find was dacron sail repair tape which I think is what he meant/had.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... artial/0/0

I do appreciate all the generosity and help as well.

I wonder how long it took Tom to "fly" home with those wings?
ENJOY :) ........... Bill
mdh01

Post by mdh01 »

Bill,
Try this link (Murray's)...I think it might be more of what you are looking for...

This is the stuff that Air Time kite repair uses...

http://www.murrays.com/mm5/merchant.mvc ... re_Code=MS

Mark
avery

Post by avery »

TomG

Post by TomG »

Ya Great time. awesome rides! Tighe, Denis, and Jason were going BIG! Leah and Dave were gona come down for just Saturday. They both called Saturday morning and canceled, so I rode down solo. It allowed me to stay both days witch was totally worth it. I was surprised there wasn't more of you core folks down there. Stroh? Chris B?

well see ya out there.
The real pro isnt the one who doesn't make a mistake. The real pro is the one that does the best job hiding it!
Denis

Post by Denis »

What a great weekend. It's a blast everytime I go down for the event. Thanks to Gary and Bill for letting me crash at your campsite.

One interesting incident. On Saturday, I completely lost my kite in the middle of the Spirit Lake. My leash opened at the wrong time. Thankfully, Jesse from Iowa saw the bobbing head that I became and started to tow me back. Then he said "I wonder if we can both ride our boards...". And there we were, Jesse controlling the kite and me holding on to his harness, both on plane riding to the beach. It worked really well, until I face planted, let go of the Jesse's harness and catapulting him forward. He recovered nicely and I just had a short swim in. Thanks to Tighe for catching the kite as it rolled in.
(================P-</
Sponsored by Slingshot Kiteboarding
Jim Miller

Weekend chart

Post by Jim Miller »

The weekend chart for Worthington...

http://whitebear.gac.edu/waconia/Weathe ... Sun&Days=2