How "open" is Pepin?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Dave Z

How "open" is Pepin?

Post by Dave Z »

Couple of shots on Wunderground.com

http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/vie ... lideanchor

http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/vie ... lideanchor

Looks like Mendota is open in Madtown too. At this rate I think my New Year's resolution should be to windsurf MN/WI in January. Between Superior, Mendota, and maybe Pepin the odds might be pretty good...unless it cools off and we finally get winter a "real" winter.
Pete

Post by Pete »

From "The Point" the lake is open to the north and south. To the north as far as Hok-si-la park then it becomes slushy ice. To the south it is open water for quite a ways, how far I do not know. The wind has been SW & SSW, the worst wind directions for playing in the wind on Pepin.
Diego

Post by Diego »

Sunday looks good for Pepin (w 15-20). If anyone interested in a cold water sess, I'm up for it.
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Wind might be good...but a 32 degree temp spells trouble...all your stuff will be icing up making it a bit of a challenge to hang on - thinking about talking the wife into a road trip down to Madison - it will be warmer and windier on Sunday.

Mr. Cook (aka toylet) and co. seem to be doing it up right on Lake Mendota:

Diego

Post by Diego »

yeah.. it's too cold. May be the temps will be a little higher than forecasted. We'll see.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Pepin is wide open to the north and south of Lake City. Have no idea what it's like by Pepin, WI though.