Seems Windy Now

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

TomFranchett

Seems Windy Now

Post by TomFranchett »

gusting to 20 mph. Are there any near western lakes not slushy? What's Nakomis like?
Tom F Light and Waves
scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

HI Tom!

I was thinking of heading to Swede Lake. I just want to be safe about the ice. I heard Lake Harriet was half open water last week???
I am thinking that lakes west of the metro would have stayed a bit cooler??? Plus they got 10 inches of snow out there???
NORTHSTAR

Post by NORTHSTAR »

Scott I am not sure of what swede is like my dam truck wont start I lost my phone and it is blowing like stink out here at my place I am waiting 4 a few freinds then we are goin to hit up a feild out west here some where.
most of the lakes were slush when it snowed so not much accumulated but there are a few spots and patches where snow collected .
TomFranchett

Post by TomFranchett »

hey Scott, HNY!! I am up for anything, a field would be cool. I am going to load now and plan on going somewhere!!!
Tom F Light and Waves
scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

Tom and Nate!!
Okay now I am in a wind frenzy....and I was going to get so much done today....well that is what the dark evenings are for I guess....call me at 612-720-0773...

Nate do any of your friends have a cell phone??? Do you have a GPS???
can you call me and let me know where you are going or where you end up? I want/need to get out before the snow is gone in a day or two... :shock:
NORTHSTAR

Post by NORTHSTAR »

will do scott were not sure of what were doin we might be snow boarding or kiting but ill call u when find out or when they get here but if you are ready to ride just head a litle west- north of waconia find a feild and ride.
garrett

Post by garrett »

Are the fields, that you talk about, state-owned land? Or is it privately owned (and riding with owner's permission)? I'd hate to just find an empty field, ride on it assuming it's public, and find out I was tresspassing.
NORTHSTAR

Post by NORTHSTAR »

private riding spots
steveb

Post by steveb »

Cedar has snow and crust, edgeable with 10 inches of ice.No slush or wet spots.
Pete and Chuck were just out there having no trouble.
NORTHSTAR

Post by NORTHSTAR »

wow thats awesome steve your lake collected some snow I am heading to swede to meet scott and whomever heading to feilds from there .
NORTHSTAR

Post by NORTHSTAR »

YEA YEA scored a sick session with scott C and Tom F out on some feild today not bad snow and we were on the down wind side of the raod with no power lines, fun ditch cruising with snowmobiles then all powder feild down wind of us fun times riding wit u guys
Nb