Windsurfin' Safari!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Timwalker

Windsurfin' Safari!

Post by Timwalker »

Hey everyone!!
Just a line to share the stoke that I have been blessed with the chance to spend the majority of this year, and into 2009, sailing a few new locations around the world!! :D

I had my annual trip this winter for 6 weeks to Margarita, Venezuela where I met a fantastic windsurfing group leader out of Estonia while there in Feb and March! The amazing and beautiful Epp Hunt!! :) She is an amazing woman!

She talked me into trying a new surfing location and so I recently finished a 29 day Europe trip in June, which was 3 days in London (no sailing there), then 2 weeks in Vassilliki, Greece sailing with Club Vass; followed with a week in Tallinn, Estonia where I got some amazing wave sailing for 3-4 hours one day, and then 4 days in Amsterdam to chill out and finally return to the US!! :shock:

I blogged and posted photos at my new website http://www.margiwindsurfing.com thruout the trip, and you can visit there to see and hear more about it all, if your interested. 8)

I now plan to return to Estonia, for the months of Aug. thru October, then on to 4-5 weeks sailing in Dahab, Egypt from late Oct. into November! Shalom! :lol:

After this, the plan is to visit Jericoacoara, Brazil for two weeks in December! Awesome wave sailing there, and some decent wind as well! (I'll have to practice my portuguese!) :D

Following this, in February, I plan to visit the Republic of Cape Verde for a island hopping windsurf trip on a huge boat, that allows the clients sailing venues at several island beaches, with both flat and wave sailing locations!! All Kit, food, drink, and rooms at beach hotels included!! (These are the islands off the west coast of Africa, just south of the Canary Islands..) :o

Then the annual Margarita trip will be from about the end of February, thru mid April, or some 8+ weeks in windsurf paradise! Que Bien! 8)

I think the Dahab, and Cape Verde trips still have some openings, if any other adventure seekers out there wish to join in!! Email me if interested. :idea:

I will be the trip photographer and website blogger for these trips, and I will post all to the same site listed above! So if you can't tag along, you can at least read about the amazing adventure to come!! (Don't hate me cause I am living the dream!) :mrgreen:

I know I haven't been around much locally in MN over the past couple years, as I was much too absorbed in my new Company, and failed to take the time to sail locally. My Very Bad! :roll:

I am back in surfing mode, and hope to stay there!! So look for me the final few weeks that I will be around town thru mid Aug., before I get on the plane for Tallinn, Estonia! :P

I hope to see a few of my surf friends at the Wac on Friday!! Look for me, and stop by and say hello!

See ya at the beach, or on the water!!

Ciao!
Tim Walker
timwalker at my server tts-inc.com
steveb

Re: Windsurfin' Safari!

Post by steveb »

How was club vass?.
The wind in that bay blows me away, decide on your rig and choose a lane.
I should explain that vass is a big bay with a mountain on one side, the mountain causes catabatic ( I think that's how it's spelt) winds, the closer you ride to the mountain the stronger the wind is, the other side of the bay the winds light to none. So you can literally decide your sail size from 3.5 to 7.5 and chose the wind lane you're going to ride in that afternoon.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Timwalker

Post by Timwalker »

Club Vass was very nice! Good organization, and well run!
I had unusually light winds for my two weeks, but had 3-4 days on riding the 'lanes'!
Well worth the trip! Too expensive right now with the weak dollar, but I may go again once things return to a reasonable exchange.
Timo
bill keitel

Post by bill keitel »

Cape Verde has more than sailing......check out the native musicians. If you can find musicians that haven't been influenced by U.S. AM Radio, you'll find treasure indeed!
bk