Staying connected, sharing the stoke

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

duckjibe

Staying connected, sharing the stoke

Post by duckjibe »

Does anyone here use twitter? http://www.twitter.com

I think it would be a great tool for the wind junkie community. It's a web based SMS text messaging app. It allows you to send updates or "tweets" to the twitter website via your cell phone, IM client, or a plethora of third party twitter clients. Your updates are displayed on your profile page and instantly delivered to other users (cell phone usually) that have signed up to receive your updates (known as followers).

So... imagine if everyone in the Lakawa community used twitter, and followed each other. When someone is heading out to the lake, or already at the lake, and sends out a tweet via their cell phone, the rest of his or her wind junkie friends would know whats happening. What gear are you riding? What's it blowin? Is it better at the Wac or WBL?

It'd be a bit more real time than this forum. Not that there is anything wrong with this forum :) I think it has an open API so Tighe could even embed everyone's twitter feed right into the lakawa site.

Anyway it's something I have been thinking about and thought I'd share.

I'm at twitter.com/duckjibe
Last edited by duckjibe on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bryce

Re: Staying connected, sharing the stoke

Post by Bryce »

Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map