Wind Wed?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Timwalker

Wind Wed?

Post by Timwalker »

Exp. looks good for a SW blow tommorrow!! I'm trying to decide between Green or Waconia. Might have to be Wac, but it looks more consistant out west. Anybody else?
pbeytien

WED.

Post by pbeytien »

Took the day off & plan to try my luck @ Ramsey on d' Bear...Missed last Thu. so I hope to get some tomorrow...Did do some "puff planing" up @ THE CABIN last Sun...so I'm primed for planing....Did drive thru Garrison last Fri. mid- afternoon but only spotted 3 sailors...hope they had a good turn-out and prove or disprove "SAILING IS NOT DEAD!!!" JRN 8)
Dave Schneider

Post by Dave Schneider »

Based on Experimental, I think I would keep going all the way to Watertown. Should blow well out there.
Dave Schneider
Geoff Martin

Washington Wednesday

Post by Geoff Martin »

Winds looking stronger west. Anyone up for Washington?
Chris

Watertown

Post by Chris »

If you dedide to go to Watertown, go to Lake Kampeska. It' just outside of Watertown. There is an OK launch (beach -- but not much grass -- some grass by the road) on the north shore -- just off of hwy 20. Jerry, Eric, Jeff and I went there last summer on a day like today. It was worth the drive. I'm thinking about it today. I'm not sure.. I might opt for Washington.

Chris B.
Chris

Today

Post by Chris »

I'm heading to Washington (9:30 AM). If it looks OK, I'll stay. Else, I'll head to Green -- one of the launches on the North side.
Chris B - 612 730 - 6665
Timwalker

Post by Timwalker »

Stuck inside working on the end of a project today, darn! Looks like it was a good afternoon! How was Washington or Green?
Chris

OK

Post by Chris »

Ann called and convinced me to sail at Green. We sailed from the campsite.

It was marginal 6.4 from 12:00 to 1:00 then ideal 6.4 until 3:00 then overpowered 6.4 until 4:30. Lots of holes. You had to rig big or it sucked.

I stopped on the way home and talked to the sailers at Washington. They were on 6's and 7's.