Pelican Today

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Bryce

Pelican Today

Post by Bryce »

I'm going to hit up pelican today for my opener.

If anyone wants to join me---701.361.3999
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
Kosk

Re: Pelican Today

Post by Kosk »

Bryce,

Hey where do you launch from on Pelican in the summer with the prevailing SW-S-SE winds? My buddy Bjorn has a cabin across the street on Horseshoe and we'll likely be popping over to Pelican on the weekends when the wind is up if there is a good spot to ride/launch out of.

Stay warm,
Pete
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

On SE and S winds you can launch and breezy point. South is pretty sideshore.. if it could go W at all then that is a crappy spot. I don't really have a good spot for SW (besides reddy creek and malmo...). I suppose if you could get over to gooseberry island (east of breezy point) then a SW would work great! :)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 6&t=h&z=16

You have to be careful during peak summer when lots of people are around. Park by the playground and walk all your stuff north to the sandbar. Usually there aren't very many people around there.

You can't launch at the playground area unless there is nobody swimming or on the playground.
Bryce

Minnesota Kiting Map
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Had such a great time yesterday in the water and ice that I'm going to head out today again!

It is kinda fun to hit the ice! I crossed 50ft across a ice sheet! Don't have to worry about my plywood board getting wrecked! :)

Most of the center of the lake is still 6-9 inches of ice. So I kited up to it and sat on the edge and rested. I am thinking if I had something like a switchblade mounted on the back of my kiteboard... then I could be truly amphibious!

Bryce
Bryce

Minnesota Kiting Map