open water in worthington???

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

anne of willmar

open water in worthington???

Post by anne of willmar »

anyone know if the lake in worthington is open...tuesday looks good
bill keitel

Re: open water in worthington???

Post by bill keitel »

Anne,

The polar ice has retreated , the glacial snow melt has raised the water level and with the the help of global warming....about 60% of the lake is open.

We're far enough south that the flamingos are starting to show up, palm trees are leafing out and the polar bears are headed toward the tundra!
We've got a committee that is in charge of thawing the rest of the lake, they should have it completed (easily) by next weekend.
come on down!
bill
Uffe

Post by Uffe »

I think if enough of us went to worthington this weekend and ran some "hot laps" in the Midwest speed quest windsurfing speed event the ice would melt by the warm friendly stoke it would generate.

I am planning on making the trip up from Des Moines, the more the merrier, who can go speed sailing on Lake Okabena, Worthington this weekend?

/ Uffe
USWE 22.

Check out
http://www.midwestspeedquest.com
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Anne & I are heading down w/ETA of noon. Haven't windsurfed in approx. 5 yrs., but it's like riding a bicycle...................................right :?:

j
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Uffe

Post by Uffe »

Jerry, is that noon on Friday or ? I got most of Friday off so I can leave Friday morning from Des Moines and be in Worthington by noon, if you meant Saturday that would work as well.

/ Uffe
USWE 22
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Sorry Uffe,

We went today. Lots of wind and water. The lake had some ice in the west end.

I work weekends, so Fri. or Sat. won't work for me.

j.
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
bill keitel

Post by bill keitel »

Jerry,

Good to see you on riggin on the bean today. Hope you had some time on the water.

Anne, it was indeed a pleasure to meet you also! everybody got wet?
bk
Uffe

Post by Uffe »

Im still planning on coming Friday if things work out for me at work the next few days. Hope to see someone esle there as well, I know Larry Low boom is thinking about driving up after work on Friday and he gets done around noon, so he might be there by 3-4 or so. Anybody else from Des Moines, or north of that wants to carpool Friday? I can fit your gear in my trailer.

/ Uffe
USWE 22