Oil hit $90 barrel today!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Hank

Oil hit $90 barrel today!

Post by Hank »

Look for a big increase in fuel costs shorty. Refineries are running on a super low margin right now, that's why gas is priced well below $3 gal. Supplies will continue to tighten until shortages develop as World crude supply maxed out at 85,000,000 barrels a day (in 2005) with a current World demand of 88,000,000 barrels a day, many 3rd World Counties are experiencing shortages now. Current US inventory is around 193,000,000 barrels with minium operational level about 187,000,000 barrels. SA will not ramp up production anymore and Mexico is in steep decline. Our demmand continues to rise even with the higher prices and will do so until "no gas" signs develop. Expect $100 barrel oil this year. :!:
Coach

Post by Coach »

What does this have to do with kiteboarding and windsurfing?
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Hank
I would encourage you to find another place to share your views on this topic. You're pushing the limits Chat's mission:

Windancing Chat
Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.
Tighe
Hank

Post by Hank »

Coach wrote:What does this have to do with kiteboarding and windsurfing?
It's got to do with our entire civilized world being able to function. :!:
DRA

Post by DRA »

Thanks for the heads up Hank.

I'm going to fill the gas tank tonight.
When do you think it will be $3.00 and up again?

Terry :roll:
johnz

Post by johnz »

Hank, please just go away.

From now on, every time you place a post, I'm going to fire up my 72 Cutlass 442 with its big block V8, four barrel carburetor (which is horribly misadjusted - the car just belches blue smoke :lol: ), fill it up with leaded gas and drive from Minneapolis to Duluth for some McDonald's french fries, and then back.

It will cost me about $100 in gas, but I think it is worth it to dissuade you from ruining our forum.

Peace.
Woody

Post by Woody »

90 bucks a barrel!? Time to invest more in the oil industry I'm thinking!

The wind is my fuel gauge. If it's blowing, I'm driving...

:P
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

This is the first time I have not taken Hanks bait, but luckily you guys rose to the task.

Johnz, you've got the right idea. I'll ride shotgun.
avery

Post by avery »

I'm in for Fries...but i'll drive my own car
tyson

Post by tyson »

okay, well i was going to try and be quiet about this, but i can't.

first off, hank, ... posting a whole bunch of numbers on lakawa chat -- which obviously violates tighe's intended purpose for the site -- is just annoying. from the response, obviously, people aren't happy with it.

second, to those with the smartass replies, you really aren't helping. i hate to be preachy, but it just makes you all out to look like, well, smartasses who couldn't give a rip about the environment.

so taking both sides, we do have an issue. 50 people driving up to mille lacs every other weekend to ride, each in their own car, obviously is going to get more expensive.

so, we should carpool whenever we can when we go out to the lakes. currently, there's no easy way to do it. post in chat, and have it get lost in the conversation. tighe-- how about a forum just for finding rides to the lake?

or, option number 2... i developed this website for the wakeboard team at the U for the kids on the team to find a ride to the lake. http://trmotics.com/mwwp (make an account and check it out, or login with user:test pass:test). i could duplicate this for lakawa pretty quickly, but i'd only do this if people would use it. thoughts?

sorry for the long response.. hank i'm not defending your methodology, and the rest of you i'm not a proponent to the negativity... but it is an issue, and i think we've a perfectly structured community to start doing something about it.

-t
champlin

Post by champlin »

Ha, this is funny, sorry Tighe, just made me laugh reading this, good humor for my lunch time.
North Regional Rider.
Ride til it hurts!!!!