windsurfer question???

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Stroh

windsurfer question???

Post by Stroh »

there was a system someone came up with to give you one center strap in the back of your board instead of two, without haveing to cut open the board. dose it work??? does it move arround?? how can I get one??

I remember seeing this system on a board like two years ago. I need to put one center strap on the front of my surf board. otherwise I cant go toe side in my straps.

thanks in advance :D
Jon
Jon Stroh
Terry Dunklee

Post by Terry Dunklee »

A couple years ago I posted a picture of a board that Luke converted from double back footstraps to a single Da Kine Contour foot strap utilizing the existing holes in the board. He knew a metal fabricator who made a piece that bridged the gap and anchored the strap down. I still sail the board in higher winds and it's solid as a rock. Ask me to bring the board to Reddy the next time you're up. If you can find my old post you might see a picture of it.
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

so i have to make my own huh. :roll: my neighbor works in a machine shop Ill have to have him make something for me.

thanks
Jon
Jon Stroh
Judd or Dianne

Post by Judd or Dianne »

Hey Jon I made a one strap out of a two, by having a shoe repair shop sew a cross strap to one foot strap so the strap looked in the shape of a I, I used a hot nail to burn holes in the strap and used the same inserts of the two strap with big washers. worked great.
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

well I have decided to go my own way on this. I am going to epoxy a small stringer 4X6, with two T-nuts, directly on the top of the board.

my only worry is it de-laminating under the stringer.

Jon
Jon Stroh
littlejohn

Post by littlejohn »

chinook makes inserts that you can buy and epoxy in. Or... you can make your own inserts and epoxy them in.

http://www.boardlady.com/extrainserts1.htm
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

I did it. I epoxied a peice of plywood with inserts to the outside of the board seems like it's going to hold.

Jon
Jon Stroh