Looking for sports therapist

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jvpaint

Looking for sports therapist

Post by jvpaint »

Any fellow wind enthusiast's out there who could help
me with a shoulder strain. I've been out of commission for a few weeks
and need to get back on the water.
Or if anyone can recommend somebody I'd appreciate it.

Joe V- 612-770-1050
Geoff Martin

Post by Geoff Martin »

Go see DeanneAronsonr! She is a great acupuncturist, Osteopath, manual therapist, and gifted healer. She saved me from the knife several times. I have a MRI certifiable torn lathrum in my right shoulder, torn cartilage in both knees, numbness in my hands diagnosed as carpel tunnel, and several other overuse and age related cartilage and soft tissue issues. I am a walking train wreck. However, through acupunture, manual therapy, and osteopathic manuevers I still windsurf, play tennis, run, roller blade and do , as well as, other activities and have avoided surgery for over 10 years. Dump the western medicine approach of drugs, knives, high bills and scar tissue until the last resort. She can be reached at Health Resources at 612- 798-0565.

Good Luck,
Geoff
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Great resource and advice Geoff. Thanks for sharing.
Tighe
djmadmike

PT recomendation

Post by djmadmike »

For a good physical therapist talk to Janelle Nesbit at HealthEast Optimum Rehab. She is a good friend and did a great job on my right ankle when I cracked it this past winter. Info at

Midway
University Park Medical Building
1690 University Ave. West, Suite 430
St. Paul, MN 55103
Phone: 651/232-5412

Sounds like Geoff has found a great person too!

I would be interested to see what the root cause is to make sure that it is taken care of and it does not show up in the future. Many times there are muscle imbalances around the shoulder.

Warning: Shameless plug adhead! I also work as a trainer part time, so if you have specific questions or are interested in a free functional movement screen to try to determine overal strength/weaknesses, let me know. I also still have a separated left shoulder, so I can speak from first hand experience too (it is back to 95% now). I work as certified trainer in addition to being an exercise physiology student.

If anyone has any old injuries or just wants to pick my brain about nutrition/training/whatever drop me a line.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You can't kite or windsurf if you are injuried. Plus I am sure I will need someone to help me once I start kiting on the water this summer.

Thanks
Mike N

Mike T Nelson, MS, CSCS
djmad_mike AT yahoo.com