Lake George

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

SCOTT RIDOUT

Lake George

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

The wind looks good tomorrow, I think I will give Lake George a try, it has a nice Sandy beach and shallow out for quite a ways, anyone want to try it with me I'll be there probably by noon, should be good. Hey Mike I set up my 12m TD with that ring attached to one of the leading edge lines, I took it out to a park and flew it and let go and just like magic it came down right on it's leading edge, perfect!!! Now I feel allot more comfortable launching and landing in the higher winds myself, I still think the TD rocks the water man!!!!

If anyone wants to meet up tomorrow to go to Lake George call me tonight by 9:15 I'm going to a movie tonight. HM# 763-712-1347.
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Scott, glad you got the kill switch set up. Nice to have, isn't it. I think you are going to love that kite on the water. You start to forget how gusty our winds can be. Everyone on C's will be struggling or fighting to hold an edge, and you will just be cruising along nicely powered all the time.

Did you contact SS about the replacement bar? I got mine the other day. Complete with kill switch and stopper ball. Very nice setup.
SCOTT RIDOUT

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

I think I'm good to go with my bar that I have, I don't really need another one. Yeah man the kite just comes down so nice, amazing what a really small mod like that can do. I am really excited about tomorrow, I have been just waiting for the right day to take it out, it's gonna rock!!
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

Mike W wrote: You start to forget how gusty our winds can be. Everyone on C's will be struggling or fighting to hold an edge, and you will just be cruising along nicely powered all the time.
Mike, you are feeling the stoke that Steve & I were raving about last summer. Many posters thought we were full of hype.
NOT!
Bows (any brand) are the real deal. Whether it's the boosting or the gust handling, they rock. It's going to be a great season!
SCOTT RIDOUT

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

Lake Goerge rocked today and the TD12m is my new baby, it was blowing 10 to 15 gusting to 20 from 10:30, I didn't get of the lake until 2:30, you guys are missing out on a great lake, well maybe it will just be my little secret spot then, sweet!!
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Sounds like you scored Scott. Where is Lake George? What's the scoop on the lake? What directions will work? How's the launch? etc.

Had a great session on my 12 as well with the new Sx151. Great combo in gusty winds.

hope to ride with you soon.
Tighe
SCOTT RIDOUT

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

Lake George is just out of andover, the launch is a sand beach and clean no garbage, the wind was South yesterday which is an on shore wind, but like Milly it's shallow out a ways so you can set the kite up on the beach and just pull it into the water and walk it out a ways or with a bow kite just launch right away and walk it out. The park is really nice plenty of picknic area and beach, it's nicer than Waconia's beach area and has plenty of grass. This time of the year I have it all to myself other than the few people that are walking the trails around the lake. The wind is pretty constant too not really gusty at all, any other direction EAST or WEST would be a great side shore wind, but if it blew North it would not be good. So anything SOUTH, EAST OR WEST it's perfect. Got a few really good high lofty jumps too the kite rocks! I am going to try and go out there again this weekend or if this week if the weather cooperates, I work from 6 to 3:30 and I'm out in Eden Praire now just past 7 to Waconia, so I will be able to get out morethis year. If you ever want to call I'm at 952-918-8631 ext:102 work #.
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Scott, how about SW? Finding a good lake for SW is the elusive Holy Grail.
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

Found it on Google Map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 9,0.148487

Nice find Scott. If it is a public swim beach they might designate a swim area in June, like Waconia. Hope they don't. Is it nice and flat around there? My topo map doesn't show much.
SCOTT RIDOUT

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

S/W or S/E iether way gives you a side shore wind, and yes there is a nice park to rig and fly, if you have the time you should check it out it's one of the better lakes other than Milly, at least in my opinion it's the best lake in town.
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

Mike W wrote:Scott, how about SW? Finding a good lake for SW is the elusive Holy Grail.
Mike, Lake Washington is good for SW. But I guess for you Reddy or Malmo would be almost the same drive.

Isn't Wacy good for SW? I suppose it is straight on, and small. A nice SW launch with a beach in the metro would be sweet.

I think with Bows you can accept a little smaller fetch's and the resulting gustier winds. That fact might open up some new launches.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Sounds sweet Scott. Will have to check it out sometime soon.

ride on
Tighe
jenny

Post by jenny »

Yes, Lake George is pretty nice. I grew up by there and the lake has changed a lot over the years especially since it became a regional park back in the early 80's. It used to have a tiny beach with a stand that sold snowcones and candy. I haven't sailboarded Lake George since the 80's. Back then, I ran into one or two other sailboarders, but most of the time sailed alone there. I have no idea how many sailors hit that spot these days. Gets super busy in the summer with lots of kiddies. If I'm not mistaken, they do have a designated swimming area, and charge a nomial entry fee. I'm sure it's super sweet now without the crowds. Ride on....
SCOTT RIDOUT

Post by SCOTT RIDOUT »

Sweet it is, right now it's my choice of places to ride, best of everything and no crowds, great place to rig and you launch from sand what more could you want?
Dopper

Lake George

Post by Dopper »

Scott, have you ever windsurfed that lake? I went out there today after reading the posts and it looks like a nice lake. I live in Blaine and am always looking for a place to sail. It looks like they charge $5.00 to enter the park or you can buy a season pass for 25 bucks. I have a 4x6 trailor I haul my windsurf stuff around in and I don't know if they would let me enter the swimimng area parking lot. I drove farther down to where you can put boats in the water and that place was a possiblity to launch a board... to the left of the boat launch area. Is that lake weedy? It looked like there was a lot of mil foil on the shoreline. Do you think you could sail it with a SW wind or is that shoreline too close?Doug
DDD