Mille Lacs

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Kevin

Mille Lacs

Post by Kevin »

Anyone have a milly report.
Jim N

Reddy

Post by Jim N »

Just got back. Were on 9's thru 12's around noon, but it faded. Rode the rest of the afternoon on 16's and a 20. Would have preferred Malmo, but it seems that most of the kiters like Reddy better for on-shore, rather than side-on at Malmo. One sailor showed w/ some vintage Horney/Duo
gear. He was not planing consistantly on a 7.8. :roll: J.N. P.S: I must have left during the lull...you're welcome for making the wind sacrifice!
Last edited by Jim N on Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

winds were sweet on milly on sat. the fan was on all day :!:
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Sid

Post by Sid »

The wind was light and south most of the day. I was on a walk by Malmo park and noticed the wind shifting westward and coming up so I walked back to the place fast. I sailed from just before six until six fourty overpowered on an old Waddel 6.4 race that was rigged in the garage. That sail can take a lot of wind and feels light in the hands. The wind died after that but that is one of the great benefits of being rigged and ready 100% of the time.
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Was the wind that different from Malmo and Reddy? Why is Sid's assessment of the day so different than Jim and Stroh's? I'm not stating/asking this offend anyone because I know different parts of that lake have their own climate. It just seems weird that there could be huge differences just 4 miles apart.
Maybe the difference is a windsurfers view of wind compared to a kiters? It could have been 10-15 and made Stroh and Jim happy but not a windsurfer.
Anyway - glad you all had fun on that great lake!!
Kevin Ousdigian
Jim N

Reddy vs. Malmo

Post by Jim N »

I think a south wind hits the embankment at Reddy and stalls the wind flow, but a south sw @ Malmo has no impediments. :idea:
Eric P

Post by Eric P »

Actually the wind was front driven in the afternoon until about four. Then it shut off for a while, then picked up again in the evening. The last hour and a half before sunset were absolutely stellar. Too bad I had already packed away my gear and brought it home. Denis had a great session at around 6 to 7. Jerry and John went out again too. A pretty nice day all in all. Hope it happens again soon.
Eric
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

when I showed up at ready at about 10:30 the wind was nukin jerry was riging a 12 and I riged a 10 jerry was over powered and I was perfectly powered there was some of the biggest waves I had ever seen at ready. after about two hours I swiched to a 15 and was lit for the next hour then I tried the 20 and was over powered :?
this should have been great for windsurfing :shock:
terry was hunting over near malmo and the same thing sid said "the winds were light and evean died for about two hours"
but it was windy untill about 4 then it picked up agin at 6:00
I think malmo must have been sheltered or something
oh yeah close to garrison at terri's place the wind blew 15-20 from 8:00pm fri all through the night, would have been a great night kite sesh :wink: