uh oh....

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tom L

uh oh....

Post by Tom L »

Flat kites are now legit
Sorry Tighe......couldn't resist
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

that thing looks cool 8)
wow lots of struts, Maby it's just the photo but I cant see a bridal system
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

The Crossbow 16 has 7 struts (too many) but the new Rapture only has 3 but it has (battens like North and SS) all along the leading edge. Lots of new stuff is happening.
TJ

Post by TJ »

This one is wireless stroh....

:lol:
Enjoying life and Windancing.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

actually you're right Tatianna, I can't even see any lines. I think it is a line less flyer. Instead of a bar, the rider holds their hands out, palms up an and with the power of zen develops a wholistic relationship with the kite. Top secret stuff though...hush hush. ; )

So Tom where'd you find this? any more info?
Tighe
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

not wireless but maby (I realy don't know ) it might not have a bridal system attached to the leading edge. the pic isn't very high res so maby I just cant see the bridl (this is probily the case) :?
but it would be cool to see this concept without the bridal
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

Tighe wrote:So Tom where'd you find this? any more info?
NWkite.com.....can't believe I beat ya too it.

Looks like it could be doctored. But it might also be a cell phone picture, they have that kind of look.

PS....now I see it's posted by a site admin, so it's probably legit.

PSS....but now that I think about it the original photo URL was somewhere on kiteforums' server. If you right click on properities the URL is there. So who knows. Someone said it was on kiteboarderUK also. Might just be an urban myth.
Last edited by Tom L on Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TJ

Post by TJ »

Stroh wrote:not wireless but maby (I realy don't know ) it might not have a bridal system attached to the leading edge. the pic isn't very high res so maby I just cant see the bridl (this is probily the case) :?
but it would be cool to see this concept without the bridal

I was just kidding... I could not resist the chance. I can't see it either :D
Enjoying life and Windancing.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

yeah it was is on quite a few forums, but none seem to have any additional info. I'll inquire and see if I can get any additional info.
Tighe
Hunter Welles

Post by Hunter Welles »

actually you're right Tatianna, I can't even see any lines. I think it is a line less flyer. Instead of a bar, the rider holds their hands out, palms up and with the power of zen develops a wholistic relationship with the kite. Top secret stuff though...hush hush. ; )
Keep the zen thing on the downowl, AP doesnt want everybody else to figure out his secrets for boostin so high!

Anyway that kite looks awesome!
Tom L

Post by Tom L »

Another shot. Looks like you can see the One Pump clips also.

steveb

Post by steveb »

Can't be a Slingshot,colors are too cool.
Jim N

Patent

Post by Jim N »

Don't these Dudes copyright their designs? Seems like everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. If they're using battens, can cams be far behind? What are those strange white lines along the bottom seams? I'm guessing some kind of receptors for the wireless telekenetic relaunch system. Perhaps astral projection would eliminate the need for all this cumbersome gear! :wink: J.N.