wind

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

BSMITH

wind

Post by BSMITH »

There may a little wind late wed thru thur. Sweltering Southerlies
Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

Yeah baby! Beats the heck out of a Nut Numbing Northerly
thewavebb

Post by thewavebb »

OH SNAP it looks windy tomorrow. Its been a long time coming. Anybody Heading to Pepin???
mjturnqu2

WBL

Post by mjturnqu2 »

Wow ... some wind tomorrow and thursday! Anyone heading to WBL? I'm thinking there will be less people (than last weekend) @ Ramsey tomorrow ... but i could be wrong. Please tell me if I am wrong. Anyways I'll probably show up around 4 - 5 pm.

-Matthew
Pete

Post by Pete »

Can't make it today but Thursday may rock on Cannon. Anybody know if the lake is disgusting? Looks SW Thursday. FYI Ben, Pepin from the MN side does not work on SW wind.

Pete
thewavebb

Post by thewavebb »

Thanks for the heads up Pete. I have no appointments this afternoon so I am heading up to pepin in hopes of at least something. After seeing the forecast, I think i'll be bringing my bigger gear as well.
johntr

Post by johntr »

I'll be out at WBL around 2:00 this afternoon if the wind starts building by then. Hope to see you there!

John
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

I will be at Ramsey on Thursday about 1pm. Hope to see you guys there.
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

The wind looks to be clocking to the SW on Thursday afternoon. I would not go to Ramsey in the mid-late afternoon because SW is an offshore wind there (SW winds come from the condos/apts). If you look up the gap that is SE, S is coming over the bridge that goes onto the island. If your windsurfing, south winds are perpendicular to the beach at Mahtomedi and SW is side-on. If the wind cranks up there is nice port ramps. I used to think Ramsey was the place with any South component but have since learned Mahtomedi is fine in south or SW and gets you on a straight run to the gap between the points where there is usually a nice venturi effect.
Kevin
Kevin Ousdigian
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

That makes perfect sense. Ramsey was just an easy choice based on familliarity with the launch. I was thinking on a SW you could just go up in between of the two points and sail the gap. But it does look like Mahtomedi would work better on a SW. I have never been to that launch, so I must as well give it a try.

How is the parking/rigging area?
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

It is a smaller parking lot and smaller grassy rigging area not suited for a large amount of windsurfers. There is a nice sandy beach there so I'm sure that will attract the masses today which could make parking/rigging more difficult.
KO
Kevin Ousdigian
adamel111

Post by adamel111 »

I only strapped on my formula board last night - I should have tossed on the short board too. I'm stuck sailing formula gear now and haven't decided which launch to use. I've never sailed Mahotmedi. I think I'll drive past Mahtomedi and if that doesn't look good I'll head up to Ramsey.
Adam Anderson