OK - I'm looking for tent space

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

snowlover

OK - I'm looking for tent space

Post by snowlover »

O.K. – I guess I’ll have to give into this camping idea……I own two pieces of camping equipment…. A sleeping bag and a double wide air mattress without a pump (I’m used to having an air compressor in the garage).
Is there a kind soul out there who would share their tent with me in Worthington? Remember, I don’t snore, share well and am respectful.
I would like to drive down Friday night after work. This would be my first experience in Worthington. I’m not planning on competing, just joining in on the windsurfing and the fun. Thanks.
Carol Bucko cell -612-861-3401
Snowlover - but I sure like windsurfing!
Del Carpenter

OK I'm looking for tent space

Post by Del Carpenter »

Snowlover, I will bring an extra pup-tent you can borrow at Worthington.
It is very easy to set up. I'll get to the windsurfing registration area about 5:30 or 6 pm and to the campground by 7:00 pm. I have a dark blue 91 Plymouth Voyager with an old longboard on top. I'll have my own tent. I don't know where I'll be in the campground, but I told them to make my reservation in the "Regatta" area. What will you be driving?
Del Carpenter

OK I'm looking for tent space

Post by Del Carpenter »

I forgot you mentioned a double wide air mattress. That is probably too large for the pup tent. I'll bring extra foam pads.

I hope you join the races as a competitor too. Worthington is on USWA's National Racing Tour. Adding another competitor gives the winners another point in the national standings for each race. Even if you were actually last in your races you'd be contributing to the national standings for other midwestern racers.
snowlover

Post by snowlover »

Del,

Thank you so much for rescuing me!! I really appreciate your offer to bring me a tent. I was starting to panic about what I was going to do, as the weekend is approaching fast.

I drive a 96 GMC Jimmy, Forest Green. Will your reservation be under Del Carpenter? How about giving me your cell number if you have one? I always have my phone with me, and we could call if we could not find each other.

I will consider racing if I get the chance to get out before then. I was in Bonaire the first week of March this year for eight days and learned a lot. The one time I’ve gotten out this year did not go so well. The gusty winds we have here in the Midwest do not compare to the easy, steady Caribbean winds…..

Thanks again, I am looking forward to coming to the Regatta!
Snowlover - but I sure like windsurfing!