Conditions For Monday... I.E. Snow Coverage Locations????

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Jason J

Conditions For Monday... I.E. Snow Coverage Locations????

Post by Jason J »

Hello Guys-

I wanted to get to the Kite Freeze but didn't make it. Sounds like it was a good time. Congrats to the local competitors.

I live up in Brainerd and we STILL have crap for snow coverage. I would like to get some good riding in Monday the 17th. Looks like it may be good Southerly wind. Where do I go? I would prefer a lake with good snow that is more toward the Brainerd direction. Northern Suburbs or even further North. Anyone know of a good location?? Anyone want to meet up??

LET ME KNOW ASAP, AND WE SHALL TEAR IT UP!!!! :lol: 8) :!: :!: :idea: :idea:

THANKS

Jason
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Come down to the event site. The ramps should still be up, the direction will be great and there should be plenty other riders. The snow cover is great.

come on down..
Tighe
Kirk D.

Post by Kirk D. »

Sounds fun. I am planning to get out for the first time of the year on snow. What time are people heading out there?
Jason J

Post by Jason J »

I'll be there.

Thanks,

Jason
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

later morning hopefully
Tighe
Jason J

Post by Jason J »

Hey- I had a good time yesterday flying with everybody. Man there was a couple people really flying off of those jumps, that was cool. I didn't get a chance to meet many people we were all to busy flying. Imagine that.

That was by far the most snow I have kite skied in to date. No Ice that was nice. I also got my biggest airs ever out in the powder areas, man that was great. I was actually doing twisters and crosses that was so cool. I 've been skiing for 12 years and was never able to pull off tricks. Power kites are the greatest inventions. I wanted to try a 360 but didn't get the chance. Maybe next time. I was checking out those guys getting serious air on the Ozone Frenzy's. Those kites look tough. Hopefully next year I can get the 7.3 or the 9.5.

Thanks for the great time everybody and see you later.

Jason