Kite Club Trip to Los Barilles Recap posted under Stories

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Portland Pete

Kite Club Trip to Los Barilles Recap posted under Stories

Post by Portland Pete »

Denis

Post by Denis »

Wow! Looks like a great time. Sweet jump on that one pic. :)

How was the Torch? I saw someone using it in the Gorge last summer. Might have been a prototype. Looks like a sweet kite.

Denis
Portland Pete

Post by Portland Pete »

Denis
The only guys in the gorge last summer with the Torch's were Adam Koch and Ben Meyer.
Naish Intl team riders.
I liked the Torches, they pull very consistently, will be good on the Oregon coast in the waves.
I still prefer a 20M in a high aspect kite that turns fast !
The 16M and 12M are be better kites in the mid aspect ratio of the Torch.

I have some sequence shots that I am trying to photoshop together of some jumps.
My friend's new camera takes 3 frames per second in burst mode.
Pete
Denis

Post by Denis »

Ahh! So that's who that was. He was going in and out of the little river by the sand bar nailing crazy tricks like unhooked kiteloops followed by a handle pass. There was a camera following him around too. I sneaked a peek at his gear when he came in. Those Torch kites seem the fastest turning kites I've seen.

The guy that looks like he's about to run into the Naish rider is me. :wink:

Looking forward to those sequences. Did you guys take the picture from a boat or something?

Denis