Montana Snowkite Roundup 2005

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

mtice

Montana Snowkite Roundup 2005

Post by mtice »

The first Montana Snowkite Roundup was a success despite marginal snow at Georgetown Lake Montana. The Ozone Freeride Tour joined Montana Kite Sports, UltraNectar, Sun Valley Kite Sports, Pegas kites and Red Bull for some early season snowkiting at the lodge. While the lake was only 50 percent covered by snow, the wind was excellent on friday and sunday, and the perty action at the lodge was exceptional thanks to Scott Lopker at Redbull and Georgetown Lake lodge's new crew. Bull Blasters and Jello shots pushed the party past closing friday and saturday night with killer live music from Johnny Steel and Population 3. Thanks go out to Brian and Heather Schenck from Windzup.com for donating the use of their 05 Ozone fleet and helping to introduce lots of new people to the sport. Thanks also go out to Joel Beatty, Nick Beuthien and the rest of the Montana Kite Militia for helping put this season kick off together! We had a blast, and are already putting together the 2nd Montana Snowkite Rodeo Feb 18-21st at Georgetown Lake Lodge.
It's on Baby!

Keith Kallio
montanakitesports.com
Cow tipping is old school, cow jumping is the shizzle!
Portland Pete

Post by Portland Pete »

Hey Keith, great to hear about he roundup.
I dropped thru Gtown lake last year the weekend
before the rodeo on my way from Hood River to Minnesota.
Soon I hope to be relocating back to Portland from Minnesota
and will be driving thru Gtown Lake again.
You have a great little piece of snowkite paradise.
I remember you building the kickers for the rodeo with
a plow on the front of a pickup truck.
I got to take some of the first jumps.
Here I am trying to learn to jump those things in Minnesota at Kite Island.
I still havent figured it out yet.
I will try and stay a few days at Gtown Lake this
year and get some serious time on the snow.
Pete

mtice

Montana Fun

Post by mtice »

Pete,

Drop me a line if you are heading this way...we should be having weekly get togethers with the local crew until the event...gotta start building kickers and getting the kiter cross course ready. I want to get some practice time in on the course before the comp. I found some sweet back country spots too as soon as we get another dump of snow. Come out and play!

Keith
Cow tipping is old school, cow jumping is the shizzle!