Heads up ( Please Read)

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Heads up ( Please Read)

Post by Tighe »

A friend of mine is coordinating an effort to put on the first (hopefully annual) inner city x-country ski race. It initially was planned to go down Wirth Prkway, over 394 and through the chain of lakes. The mayor is totally behind it and wants to make it like the winter version of the Twin Cities Marathon.

Anyway, like the RedBull Crew, they are looking at other options. What they've come up with is to build a course on Calhoun and Isles. They will be working on it over then next few weeks. Starting today they are moving what snow there is on Calhoun to a track around the perimeter. Obviously it is a big area and mainly the snow will be taken from adjacent to the track.

This is an important thing that many people have put a lot of effort into. Please respect the development of this track. They know they can't keep people off it, though I think we can be aware whether or not we are damaging it. We are all doing our best to enjoy the less than ideal conditions. Let's try not to spoil someone elses experience in the search for our own.

Those of us who ski, they encourage the use of this track to help pack it down. They will be grooming it as well.

The event is Feb 1.
Tighe
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

We were trying to figure out what they were doing early in the day. I did makes some runs in the "snow band" on Calhoun. Knowing this now I should not have cause I did leave some carving marks with my snowboard.

Basically what they are doing on the south side of Calhoun is taking a riding snowblower and moving snow into a "strip" that is perhaps a hundred feet off-shore.

It sure was nice to kite on but it was a little close to the road. I'll stay off it till Feb 2.