Arizona Report

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

pat taylor

Arizona Report

Post by pat taylor »

It has been pretty slow here the last couple of weeks. The wind must back off in AZ, just like Minnesota. It will probably pick up in the fall, like Minnesota. Had an interesting experience last night, that is not windsurfing or kiting related. My wife and I went to a club to see this singer in Phoenix, Kahni Cole. Her husband, the drummer said from time to time Geogre Benson will stop in and sit in with them. At the beginning of the third set a man was standing there talking to the band, and he picked up the microphone and said," I am George Benson, and I am going to do a number." I said to my wife, that is not George Benso, and then he bagan to sing Masquarade, and I said that is Geoger Benson. Well, I was blown away to hear Geoge Benson in a small club setting. At the end of the night I shook his hand and told him what a thrill it was to hear him sing. I wish I could report on better wind here in Az., but life is not too bad, when one gets to see Geore Benson perform.
Jim N

WHERE U BEEN?

Post by Jim N »

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN, PAT!! HEARD YOU'RE SAILING WITH A CAMEL PACK NOW....BET U LOOK SWEET WITH A HUMP!! :lol: JN
Randy

good to hear from you.

Post by Randy »

Hey Pat,
Glad you're enjoying the SW. Your story of George Benson reminds me of the magic that happens when we go places without expectation. Many years ago Jane and I lived in a small town in Maine. The local bar guy had been one of the main organizers for Woodstock and we were continually blown away with the talent that unexpectedly came to his little thirty person bar. The giants always came when we least expected it and there was seldom anything going on when we were 'sure' a star was in town. Does it remind you a little of wind?
Give our regards to Robin.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
pat taylor

Arizona Report

Post by pat taylor »

Randy: Good to hear from you. I knew you would get a kick out of me seeing George Benson in a small club setting. It will always be a special memory for Robyn and me. Hope everything is going good for Davin. Give him my regards and best wishes. Pat.
Jonesing4Wind

Post by Jonesing4Wind »

Hello!! fellow AZ kiter? I have been flying power kites for a few years, and recently moved back to the phoenix area. I am just starting to get into kitesurfing, and would really like some tips. Would you mind a noobie tagging along a few times? I have a board, and a largish waterkite on order, should be here next week. Feel free to give me a ring if you want to get together to fly, water or land!

Sean Jones
sean.jones@cox.net
Sean Jones
Eau Claire, WI
Razors and PLComp