Gorge

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

BSMITH

Gorge

Post by BSMITH »

If anyone can just get up and go, it looks like it's going to blow about every day next week int he Gorge.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

yeah, after a week of no wind this last week was killing. It was really honking. I got blown off the water with my 3.7. That's never happend before. I'll look for you guys in a few weeks. I'll try to score the hide-a-way spot.
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

Thanks now! I can't wait to get out of here.
littlejohn

Post by littlejohn »

Hey Brian. When are you going out there? I got 2 weeks off of work and am thinking about July 17-31. I'm still not sure if i''m gonna drive or fly but i'm leaning toward driving. Are you still thinking about camping at Tucker? I may end up there since i no longer have a van. Anyway let me know your plans.

John
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

Mike and I are flying out the 15th and staying two weeks. We keep a site at Tucker the whole time. If it blows out east for a couple days we get a site a Maryhill too. If you can get a flight out we are renting a cargo van so we would have plent o' room for you.
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

Welcome all. The weather forecast for the holiday weekend in Portland is morning clouds caused by an onshore push all three days. Sunday will be cloudy all day and I will be in search of the cloud line out in the gorge. :D
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hey all,

Thanks for posting your dates. I might get out there too. Eric, how long are you going to stay?

Chris
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

The Josh Stone clinic is at the event site this weekend. I did a google search and got this link: http://www.downhaul.com/windsurf/030705/

Are you going again Eric?
steve tuohy

Post by steve tuohy »

I'm flying out on the 15th also. I'll look for you guys.
ST
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Paul F wrote:The Josh Stone clinic is at the event site this weekend. I did a google search and got this link: http://www.downhaul.com/windsurf/030705/

Are you going again Eric?
Hey, those are some of the pics I took last year. It was the best windsurfing thing I have ever been too. Stone rocks (pun intended).

I just got back to MN today so no clinic this year. I'm already scheming on how to do next summer out there. hehheh.
stevenP

Heading to the Gorge!!

Post by stevenP »

I plan on driving out to the Gorge in a few days. If the wind holds, I will be there a couple weeks (arrive around July 26th and leave around August 10th). I am planning on staying at Tucker Park. It would be great to see some MN faces when I am there. Anybody else going to be there? How can I get in touch with you?

Sorry to hear about Eric's injury. I'll miss him this year.
sPk
Dave Schneider

Post by Dave Schneider »

Steve,

I'm heading out on Wed 7/28 with Greg Heymans and Sid. Not sure where we're staying. Post your contact info and I'll contact you with my mobile number.
Dave Schneider
stevenP

I'm in the GORGE!

Post by stevenP »

Yah!
I drove out and arrived yesterday. I am staying at Tucker site #13. It is right next to (15 ft.) the Hood River. I love to sleep to the sound of the water rushing through the rapids.

I was worried when I drove in from the east and saw the Columbia all glassy and windless. But as I drove further west, there was some wind to be seen around Hood River.

By the way, the public library has moved into it's new digs and they have free wireless internet access if you have a PC. Otherwise you can use the libraries desktops if the they are open.

My cell is:612.801.8975
sPk