Waconia Pics

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Timwalker

Waconia Pics

Post by Timwalker »

Waconia was 4.5-5.5 most of the afternoon. Very gusty, with some big holes, but when it cranked, WOW! :D Some good jumps, rides, and plenty of swearing at the big holes! :x
I had a fun session, and then broke out the waterproof digital camera, to try and catch some action. 8) The wind dropped a meter, and I only managed a few shots. :( See them here:
http://www.tts-inc.com/mn0304/index.htm
I know the wind was a bit light, but as you can see, anything close-by me is a very nice pic, so when you see me out there, and your powered-up, come by as close as a mast length away for a good shot.
Professor Robae'

Thanks Tim!

Post by Professor Robae' »

Thanks Tim!

That is pretty cool to see a little bit of the action on the day after :P I can't imagine being anywhere else except right there on such a warm (record warmth) and windy day, except at Cannon of course. :wink: The summer stoke is fired up :!: :!:
Coach

Post by Coach »

Tim, what did you use to put your pics online? They are not viewable on a Mac or browsers other than IE on a PC... Just curious...

-Coach
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Looks like MS Werd.

html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"<br>
xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"<br>
xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"<br>
xmlns:st1="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"<br>
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"
Timwalker

Post by Timwalker »

I ftp'ed them to the 'webmasters' site I recently aquired. Their server is a bit weird, it won't let me link to anything but html or jpg's, and does not play as well as the site Eric set-up at downhaul.com.
I used MS(Mostly Sh#t) Word to create the html pages, with the thumbnails in the page, these then link to the jpg location. This worked flawlessly on downhaul.com. Not sure why it is not working the same on the webmasters site. Time to give them a call. Thanks for the feedback!
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

My server runs Microsoft IIS. Webmaster probably runs Apache (which is a better webserver IMO) There might be a problem with some MIME types not being in there. Mosty stuff that the user doesn't have to deal with. Send me an email out of band and I'll help you spock it out.