Any Wind Up North Sunday?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Chuck G.

Any Wind Up North Sunday?

Post by Chuck G. »

Is there any wind forcast for Brainerd or Milac for Sunday? Doesnt' look good around here and I'm ready to drive to find some. I'm starting to forget what my kites looked like!

If anyone is headed north, please let me know! Thanks.

Chuck G
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Some of us are heading to North Long Lake in Brainerd. For a north wind the point on the south side should work. Go to BIR turn-off on 371 take that road pertty much to the lake. There is a small public access there. There are also roads that I saw trucks driving on the ice. My ETA is about noon today (Sunday)
shinglepro

Post by shinglepro »

Guys - I would love to join you but if I don't bring my kids up to Spirit Mountain today, I might be in some serious trouble. It looks like this is going to be a windy week. I will probably go out a bunch. Lets hope that the little bit of snow that we do have, stays put if it warms up.

I will probably be almost readily available to join any Kiters traveling North this coming week.

Take care and have fun on North Long Lake today.

Jason
kyakmike

Post by kyakmike »

Did anyone make it up to Brainard?? I changed my mind at the last minute and did stuff in the apartment that needed doing.. :-( Did you guys find that Black Hole that is supposed to be lurking in N. Long lake?? wouldn't want to fall into that!!
Chuck G.

Post by Chuck G. »

Hi Mike - I stayed here and went to White Bear. It was good, but I was a bit under powered with the Frenzy 7.3. Still had a good time. It was good to see a bunch of kiters out there.

Hope your shoulder is better!

Chuck G
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

:D What a great lake! Eric, Jeff & I met at the BIR landing and drove out to great edging 100% snow. Eric rig the 9.5 Psycho. Jeff & I 7.5 Mossys. Winds picking up & I'm down-sizing to 6.5 -5.5. Jeff flew the 4.9 Blade.
Eric still holding the Psycho and doing amazing tricks on snowboard. Jeff doing extremely well riding toeside regular and switch. Jeff's riding at Powder Ridge is really paying off.

I might sneak away from work and ride Long Lake again mid-week.

Life is good when you're having fun.

Jerry
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

I'm just uploading some images to my server now. I'll post a link here. It was alot of fun. We found a great spot out in the middle of the lake, no fishhouses and the snow was even better than near the launch.

We were blasting away. I rigged down to a 3.3 and had alot of fun with that too. The wind started to died off and we were miles NE and downwind from the lauch. I was the last guy to make it back and man our legs were burnt!

I hope that mid week heat wave doesn't kill the snow!