Moving to Arizona

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

pat taylor

Moving to Arizona

Post by pat taylor »

I have sold my house in Minnesota and bought a house in Arizona. I will be moving March 31,2004 to Az. Just thought I would post my Az. address and phone number, in case anyone is down that way and wants to stop in: 11760 S. 175th Lane, Goodyear, Az. 85338; 623-327-0230. Also, my email is: vwgotaylor@aol.com. I know Az. is not the windsurfing capital of the US, but there are places to sail: Pleasent Lake and Rocky Point, Mexico. My plan is to go to South Padre for the month of November and to Baja, Mexico for the month of January or February. If anyone is up for a road trip to Baja contact me and maybe a group of us can go there. I am moving with mixed feelings, but my wife and I were at the point where we wanted to do something different. I have really enjoyed being a part of the Minnesota windsurfing community, and will miss that aspect of moving from Minnesota. I hope to see the Minnesota sailors in my travels, and may even come back to Minnesota to hang out and do some sailing. Pat(The tan man).
Coach

Post by Coach »

Pat! Sorry to hear you are moving away - we definitely enjoy having you around WBL. It is sad to know we won't have your raucous laugh around the beach anymore.

Check out Morgan lake by the 4-corners powerplant in New Mexico - awesome place to sail in the colder months.

-Coach
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Pat, who will hang out with me waiting for the wind at WBL now? It won't be the same without you around. We will miss you at St. Thomas too. Best wishes and happy travels.

P.S. Maybe you can offically retire that beat up steamer.
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Pat:
I'm sorry to hear you'll be moving but you may as well enjoy the warm weather. It sounds like you have the winter months covered but the big question is where are you going to spend your summers? I hope not frying eggs on the driveway in AZ or sitting in AC.
I get down there every couple years so maybe I'll look you up.

KO
Kevin Ousdigian
Terry Dunklee

Post by Terry Dunklee »

Pat---I'm going to miss you at the lake this summer. You're usually there early, lounging back after a run or two and act as a great wind dummy to help rig the right size sail. And who is Stan going to chat with until the rest of us get there?

Terry
pat taylor

Post by pat taylor »

I am going to miss the gang at WBL. Kevin, your right about the summer. How does Hawaii or the the gorge sound for a summer break. This summer, with moving and all, we probably will be stuck there a lot of the summer. But next summer I am planning a 2 to 3 month trip to Alaska. So once we get settled, we will be getting out of Az. in the summer. Mike, once I knew I would not be sailing in cold water or weather again the steamer was thrown out. Once I get to Az., and figure out when and where to sail, I will keep the Minnesota sailors posted on the sailing down there. Pat.