Conditions??

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Conditions??

Post by Tighe »

I just got back to town. Sounds like Waconia is pretty sweet. Did the entire area get the same dusting? Are the conditions the same elsewhere...WBL??? Today may be a bit on the light side though tomorrow looks good if it doesn't get too warm today.
Tighe
kyakmike

Post by kyakmike »

I think I'm planning on going to Waconia today to try out my new Frenzy... I'm actually HOPEING for lighter winds to try and get a handle on this thing.... if anyone want to join me?????
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

I'd like to join you though the winds are very light...7mph and dropping. What size Frenzy do you have? Did you get it from Scuba Center?
I have a 17m inflatable though with the winds so light I'm not sure that would even be enough. I'll keep an eye on the winds. If they reach 10mph I'll probably join you.
Tighe
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Hey Mike! Glad to have you on his board!

You might remember me from Monticello with Jerry and other guys.

Mike is super serious about kites. He sews his own. He rips on land and has told us stories of early kiting in Hawaii.

Now, if i could only find snow....
kyakmike

Post by kyakmike »

There were NO winds today when I got down to waconia.... not even Sucker winds to lure me out and leave me stuck with a 7.3M!! :-(
Oh, and thanks eric for the intro... ;-)
I Did get to try out my new ice climbing screws..... don't know why I waited so long to get some..
Guess I will try Somewhere on Sunday, maybe someone wants to go out a little Closer to Clearwater???? (hint, hint)
I will check the winds and the list in the morning...
Chuck G.

Post by Chuck G. »

I also have a 7.3 Frenzy and have been on it a couple times up north where there's great snow. It's an amazing kite. The depower system will let you fly it in much stronger winds than you would normally fly a 7+ meter kite. I only wish the bar was a little bigger. I might put my bigger AirRush bar on it.

Hopefully, Sunday will bring some wind!

Chuck G.