Mahtomedi on SW?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Eric S

Mahtomedi on SW?

Post by Eric S »

Will that work or will it be too side shore for the snow cover there? It looks like NW would be the best but the next two days are shaping up to be SW.

Thanks,
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Eric, Mahtomedi will work on a SW, but I think W to NW is best for the current snow conditions.
Coach

Speaking of SW...

Post by Coach »

It looks like there will be some decent SW wind on Friday, and there is also snow cover in front of the White Bear Yacht Club, which faces SW... So, it should be good over there.

If you take off from Ramsey Beach and go to the FAR side of the lake from there, you'll be in front of the WBYC. The wind funnels between the island and the peninsula, and can be nice and steady in "the slot."

The trip out from Ramsey is a good mile+, but worth it.

-Coach
matt k

Post by matt k »

Ramsey sounds good if there is wind, plan on being there some time in the afternoon.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

I plan on heading to Ramsey first in the AM, if good stay, if not, move to Mat...

eta 10:30-11:00am Friday morning.

later,
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

There is not much decent snow cover at Ramsey or in front of the Yaght Club. Lots of bare ice. The small bay north of Mahtomedi might have some of the crusty white stuff.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Mike W wrote:There is not much decent snow cover at Ramsey or in front of the Yaght Club. Lots of bare ice. The small bay north of Mahtomedi might have some of the crusty white stuff.
Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll wait for more favorable wind, like you said, W, NW
Coach

No snow?

Post by Coach »

No snow in front of the yacht club, Mike? I thought I saw some there... oh well... Mahtomedi won't work so good on a SW. But, it's supposed to be WSW on Saturday, making it more doable.

In other news:
The Kite Freeze ain't lookin' so good for snow at this point...

-Coach
Coach

update - Sat. looks good.

Post by Coach »

Looks like 12-24 knots from the west tomorrow afternoon. That should make for a great Mahtomedi day. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to be at a Gopher's basketball game... Never should have agreed to go - guess I made the sacrifice for you guys... :P