March 1st, Windsurf opener (I did it!)....open water and wind.....

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

March 1st, Windsurf opener (I did it!)....open water and wind.....

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Yo, Quetzalcoatl, DID sail on Friday, March 1st, 2024. I launched from Roadside Park two miles upstream from Lake City. All open water
and I never had a "lull" moment. Air was real warm, fingers never felt cold. I had my Dry-suit on, Hood and 6mm thick booties. Dakine Mitts
with a big hole in one (didn't matter). Wind was constant 16 mph SE wind coming right up the channel. 9.5 Ezzy cheetah with Swiss AHD formula board worked great!. The 9.5 Ezzy sail with 14-16 mph wind allowed me to be in a a "closing the gap mode most of the time.
I only for one hour but that was pretty good for starting out again on the first day of March!

Quetzalcoatl out. Let the wind games begin!" Oh, and yeah, they already have!
Bill S.

Re: March 1st, Windsurf opener (I did it!)....open water and wind.....

Post by Bill S. »

A 9.5 sail on March 1??? Crazy, at Cannon on the same day/time (30 miles west of Lake City), I was fully lit on a 4.7. So often the high wind line on southerlies generated by an approaching low stops at about I-35...
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Yeah. Wind was weaker on Pepin that day,,but also later in the day around 4:30 pm.

PS: My "Wave Sail" is a 7.5!!!!

Quetzalcoatl out.
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Eric this is Hutch will you call me when you have time.
715-410-2682