Brush with Death?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Brush with Death?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Yeah,,,,it's not uncommon to get trapped briefly under the sail when ya fall in.
And usually it's just a matter of swimming out from under the sail. But this time....(as I mentioned in a previous post),
I was wearing a tight N-95 (with the two rubber bands around my head) and once in the water this becomes soaked and unbreathable.
So, anyway I think that's why this time while trapped under the sail (with my feet still stuck in the foot straps and still hooked into the harness lines
I had a short thought of maybe passing out or just losing it? It was strange to not have any air in my lungs as I wiggled my way out of this mess.
Why was I wearing an N-95 mask while windsurfing? Because the fire smoke was so thick I could barely see the hills (Bluffs) and the mask DID
keep that smoke out of my lungs for a good hour. And by the time I fell in (just once) The smoke had cleared and I happily sailed for another hour
smoke free and mask free.
Quetzalcoatl out, and What is YOUR story?