windsurfing sails, booms, masts to give away

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

grant

windsurfing sails, booms, masts to give away

Post by grant »

Hi,

In the first decade of this century, I was a fairly enthusiastic windsurfer. Over those years, I gradually built up a collection of sails (probably 7 or 8) ranging from about 5.0 sq. meters to about 11 sq. meters, along with booms and masts to support them. This Spring, I had to confront the fact that I hadn't taken my windsurfing gear to a lake since probably 2009. I have used my old Starboard Start beginner board for paddleboarding, so I have some interest in keeping that, but I think I'd prefer to be done with the (generally light) burden of possessing the remainder of the equipment.

Would anyone have any ideas how some of the more appealing items from my collection could find their way into the hands of someone who will use them? I don't need money for this stuff.

Grant
612-275-6459
SteveJ

Re: windsurfing sails, booms, masts to give away

Post by SteveJ »

I have a good friend wanting to get back into windsurfing.
Do you still have your gear and any boards to go with the sails?
Steve Johnson
612-812-8303
grant

Post by grant »

Sounds like a nice opportunity, Steve!

For a board, I have a Bic Blast that's something like 130 L, if I remember right. It's in decent condition.
I have mast feet and whatever those parts are that go into the bottom of the mast.
I have 5 booms of various sizes and about 5-6 sails. The sizing of sails was like 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 9.0 and maybe one yet bigger.
I have a really nice weed fin and a couple of other fins.
Masts: 460 and 490.

I'll text you. Thanks for the interest. Would like to see at least some of this stuff get used again!
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Grant: If Steve doesn't want the Bic Blast board, then my offer still holds.
Because, I want it!
Thank you.
Eric from Rochester at: 507-262 1901.
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Hi Grant: I inadvertently slipped on the Keyboard and gave you ONE wrong number of my cell phone.
It is 261 (not 262).....So, it's (507) 261-1901.
Thank you.
Eric from YOUR original hometown. (yeah!) I really would like that Blast board!
grant

Post by grant »

The Bic Blast board has been taken. Only items remaining:
  • a few mast extensions
    a long mast. The mast is approximately 485 cm, and I have a 60 cm add-on piece to make a 545 cm mast
    a 9.0 sail
    a very large boom that might have fit my 11 sq meter sail, which has now been chewed up by squirrels
I'll upload a few photos, perhaps in the Classifieds section.