Anyone sail on recent breezy days? Please cher som details?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Anyone sail on recent breezy days? Please cher som details?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Anyone,,,please anyone! If you sailed during these "pretty good breezy days," could you share some of the "Stoke" (some of the thoughts, details) of

you're wind experiences of the week with those of us who are "Weekday Working Slaves" and can't get out to sail except on weekends when the wind is "weak!"

Wind tends to die down after workdays, (close to sunset)...and I used to sail in the dark with a flashlight duct-taped to my helmut (this was my running light). Usually not much

wind at night...and that's why I gave up windsurfing at night.

So, Please, again I bequeath you, ask of you...to share some wind details of this last few days...(here on LAKAWA) not on Facebook,,,but here on LAKAWA.

Thank you.

Eric F. (The Legend).
mike371

Re: Anyone sail on recent breezy days? Please cher som detai

Post by mike371 »

OK, here goes. Tuesday enjoyed some good side on swell at Reddy. Well powered on a 6.2, a few splashes of rain but no thunder. Not another kite or sail in sight.

Wednesday, Round Lake (Nisswa) great planing conditions with a 7.3 especially on the north end where the wind was coming off Gull across 371. Met another windsurfer at the public access.

Thursday, North Long Lake (Merrifield public access), first time at this access, launch is very weedy and NW wind was chopped up pretty bad. Got in some speed runs on the 7.3 but I always had to be ready to bail out of the straps in an instant. Gull probably would have been a better choice.

I'll take 3 consecutive planing days in August anytime.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Anyone sail on recent breezy days? Please cher som detai

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Thanks Mike for some of the "high-lights" of your windsurfing week.

Quetzalcoatl out.