"I'm on the HYway to H.....(Iowa!)

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

"I'm on the HYway to H.....(Iowa!)

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Some wind without lightning strikes until 2:00 pm in Iowa. Saturday, 10:00 to 2:00.

This seems to be a common theme last of couple years now of....Every weekend the forecasts threaten us with Scattered thunderstorms, just all the time!

Well, put a screwdriver to that thought! There's going to be "Some" SE wind 10 to 20 mph in Clear Lake, IA. I'll be on a formula board and 10.8 Loft sail and will be

planing all over the Lake from the East side to the West side. Then I'll get off the lake before The Rain, Lightning, hail, damaging winds and fire and brimstone hit.

Quetzalcoatl out.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: "I'm on the HYway to H.....(Iowa!)

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Well...I did NOT go to Iowa last Saturday. I made a shorter trip to Lake City, MN on Lake Pepin. Good enough wind with my 10.8 sail and "Swiss" made Formula board.

Wind was blowin 9-10 mph with gusts to 18 mph. I WAS hydroplaning the whole time. One kiter out there doing real fine quickly going upwind. (I don't know how he does it).

Sure not much a fin to head up wind with..but He was good.

Eric out.