Sat. Clear Lake, 67deg. 18mph SE, Is it ice Free??

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Sat. Clear Lake, 67deg. 18mph SE, Is it ice Free??

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

This Saturday, April 6, Clear Lake, Iowa will have 18 mph SE winds. Nice 67 air temp. with refreshing rainshowers in forecast.

Anyone know if the lake is completely "De-frosted?"

I might call the Hearland Inn,,,for lake report.

Eric out.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Sat. Clear Lake, 67deg. 18mph SE, Is it ice Free??

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

I DID call the Heartland INN (Now called "Lakeside Inn") and Debbie said,,"more than Half open." Around edges there's ice that gathers.

By Saturday,It might be all open,,,I'm guessing, hoping.

Eric out.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Sat. Clear Lake, 70 deg. South 15-25, can I wear a short

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

on Clear Lake...Temp going up!!! now going to be 70!!! (finanally a Spring temp). Shall I wear a shorty?
Afternoon will have no rain with South wind at 15-25 mph.
Afternoon winds blowing from the South....("It's People of the South Wind" time),,,,Turn on that Kansas tune to get you motivated!!

If there's ice pushed up on the North shore, like at Fish Hatchery,DNR, with the South wind doing that, then you can sail either from Clear Lake State Park (but not advisable,
cause that would be off shore wind),,,but you CAN sail from any of the street ramps on East side in the neighborhoods.

Let the WINDS begin!!

Quetzalcoatl out.