Are YOU afraid of SWAPS? come on now, what do you think?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Are YOU afraid of SWAPS? come on now, what do you think?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Does anyone have any comments or recommendations to make the Wind Gear Swaps more available?

Do YOU (yes this mean YOU) think it's good to have a SWAP in a parking lot (like Windance does) or

would it be better to have it on the shores of a Lake where sailors could immediately try out the gear? Maybe at Lake Waconia
or Calhoun?

Go ahead,,,just write a word or two.

The Panther Man out.
Del Carpenter

Re: Are YOU afraid of SWAPS? come on now, what do you think

Post by Del Carpenter »

A swap meet scheduled for the parking lot of a lake where windsurfers are likely to sail is a "two-for" as in two for the price of one. Some would attend hunting for particular items and also go sailing. Some would attend for the purpose of sailing and will also check out the swap meet just in case. Either motive means more attendance for the both activities.

If I was at a swap meet as a seller I would be somewhat reluctant to allow a sailor to demo what I was selling because I might lose a potential sale while someone who eventually decides to not buy had my sale item out on the water doing a demo.

Unfortunately for me, I live far enough away going to just a swap meet isn't going to happen. A swap meet held in connection with a windsurfing event might add me as a looking customer.