Sunday Summary of Sailing,.Lake Pepin and Lake Madison and..

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Sunday Summary of Sailing,.Lake Pepin and Lake Madison and..

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

A handful of Sailors were slicing up lake Pepin, at "The Point." Around four windsurfers and three kiters.

Wind apparently held up! 18 mph to 23 mph out of NW. I, (Quetzalcoatl) sailed Lake Madison (near Mankato).

I was way overpowered on my 7.5 Ezzy sail and holding down the 135 JP X-cite board. It was just STRONG wind!

Anyone else get any wind on Sunday? I'm guessing that this "pretty good" wind didn't make it up in the Twin Cities?

Or am I wrong? Tell us WHERE you sailed on Sunday?

Quetzalcoatl out.
Bill S.

Re: Sunday Summary of Sailing,.Lake Pepin and Lake Madison a

Post by Bill S. »

Pepin was awesome, a lot stronger than 18-23 mph, more in the steady 25-30 mph range from 2-4 pm. I was lit for a couple of hours on 4.7, Chris B. on 5.0, shore-to-shore three-mile reaches! Mid afternoon the clouds blew away, the sun came out, a couple of barges came by, bald eagles soared overhead . . . the Gorge of the Midwest!
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

YES..! Yes! GOOD Story!!! This is what we want! So succinct Bill. Your description in just three sentences puts a reader "right there" (in the Gorge of the Midwest)!

Thank you!

Quetzalcoatl out.
Pete

Post by Pete »