Sun, (1/18) 20-30-S wind La Crosse below I-90 bridge. Epic?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Sun, (1/18) 20-30-S wind La Crosse below I-90 bridge. Epic?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Hey: Extreme Windsters: If you're "Jonesing" for a wet sail...well downstream from just below the I-90 bridge may be the
place for YOU!! (Near the Visitors's center, downstream from that.) It's below the bridge before you cross over into La Crosse, WI.

Air temp. in afternoon will be a balmy 42 degrees. and Sunshine around 2:00 pm (maybe). The base wind will be around 21 mph but the gusts

coming up the channel is where the 20-30 mph winds come in! It's pure cross-winds at this site. With fast wind it's you whipping back and forth 'tween Minn/Wics.

At this fast pace you'll need to gybe or tack in about a minute each time. I may go tomorrow, but then maybe not. I have some other things to do also.

I did this on March 6, 2012, it was a bit warmer (around 60 degrees), there were other boaters on the water too, speed boats and fishing boats.

This is JUST a thought. It is an opportunity to do a Winter windsurf/water Kiteboard session. Ya know, just for the Novelty of it.

Quetzalcoatl out. PS: But Wait,,,this is could be Great to FORCE a sailor to practice Gybes!